Wednesday, July 9, 2014

HOW SAFE (OR FUN) IS YOUR HOSPITAL???

I've been sick for the past few weeks and had the sudden realization that hospitals are surely the least secure place in the world.  I have literally walked into a hospital at various times of the day, unnoticed by the people sitting at the desk, nurses watching over the patients or the cute doctors traveling in the elevator.

Books and toys have been dropped off in the pediatric ward, balloons have been left in strangers' rooms, and inexpensive gifts have been placed throughout the emergency room.  I actually wanted to be anonymous, so it was good that no one noticed me but can you imagine if it was so easy for me to do something like this, how simple would it be for a stalker to simply get into any hospital and just leisurely walk around the halls checking out the patients?

Once I was a patient in a hospital and hid when they wanted to do a particularly icky test on me. (lol)  When the nurse walked by me and asked if I was such and such, I told her that I saw her walking downstairs to the cafeteria, causing a near panic on the 5th floor because I as supposed to be restricted to my bed! As you've probably figured out by now, I'm not the best patient either.

Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...