Thursday, January 21, 2016

GARTH BROOKS' TACO PIZZA

Trisha Yearwood says that people ask her all the time if Garth Brooks does any of the cooking at home, and yes he does!  In 2015 she published a cookbook entitled "Trisha's Table" and this recipe is his idea of how to whip up a taco pizza. It's super simple to make.

INGREDIENTS
1(13.8 ounce) Can Pre-made Pizza Crust Dough
1 (16 Ounce) Can Refried Beans
1/2 Cup Picante Sauce (Your choice of mild, medium or hot)
3/4 Cup Sliced Green or Black Olives
8 Ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded (About 2 Cups)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 Cup Finely Diced Tomatoes (1 Large or 30 grape tomatoes)
1 Large head (12 Ounces Shredded Lettuce) - or you can get the bag that's already shredded
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
DIRECTIONS
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, then roll out the dough and fit onto a 15-in pizza pan or baking sheet.  In a medium bowl, mix together the beans and picante sauce until combined.  Spread the mixture onto the crust, leaving a 1/4 border.  Scatter the olives over the crust, then top with the shredded cheese.   Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.

While the crust is baking, lightly salt the tomatoes, then in a medium bowl, toss them with the lettuce and sour cream.  Once the pizza is out of the oven, top it with the lettuce mixture.
If you like, feel free to add crumbled cooked ground beef or shredded chicken with taco seasoning to give it that yummy taco flavor.

OPERATION PAPERBACK
There are many things we can do to help our friends in the military, and what better way to show some love by sending lots and lots of books!  If you have new/gently used books, check out www.operationpaperback.org/ 


TRIP AROUND THE WORLD
Harry Potter fans unite!  Visit my Contest page for your chance to win a trip around the world worth $34,500!    http://bit.ly/1ZRsJIF












22 comments:

  1. I love taco pizzas! Two of my favourite food combined. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love my cheeseburgers, but something about Mexican food is just yummy! Hugs...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is really good, and this is simple. Hugs...

      Delete
  3. I watch her show all the time! I've tried a few of her recipes, some are good, some just fine. I prefer store bought pizza (Laziness) BUT I've never tried a taco one so I'll definitely order one next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Her show is awesome and she seems like such a nice lady. I'm with you, don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so this one works well. Hugs...

      Delete
  4. This sounds good, and so different for Taco Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how simple it is, and you have the option to keep it vegetarian or not. Hugs...

      Delete
  5. I would definitely try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple and yummy, Mary. Let me know if you give it a try. hugs...

      Delete
  6. I love both but oh I don't know about this one Ro. lol Maybe though. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little hesitant too because the recipe doesn't necessarily use meat, but when I tasted it, I was surprised at how good it tasted without it, and I didn't screw anything up because it so simple to make. Promise I'll try your bran muffins if you give this pizza a try. (lol) BIG Hugs...

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hey Angela: Let us know if you give it a try. Hugs...

      Delete
  8. O.M.G. RO! This looks so good!! Have you tried it before? I hate that I'm watching what I'm eating right now because I would so love to try this. We're always trying new things in my.house so who knows? Maybe when I'm done I can try this recipe out. Looks like a good one!:)♡ Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hesitant about screwing this up (lol), but it tasted pretty good despite looking like something from a kid's movie! I'm going to try again to perfect this one day. Hugs...

      Delete
  9. Thanks for passing along the yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trisha Yearwood's recipes are super fun! Hugs and hope you're staying warm!

      Delete
  10. Mmmm, pizza ^^ I'm in the mood for a pizza with mushrooms this week, been wanting it since monday and I'll have it tonight ! But I'll try that recipe next week, thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh uh... that's a big NO to the mushrooms, but pizza is right on point! Yay to a great treat before you take off on vacation. Big Hugs Red!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Give me just about anything with cheese!

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...