Sunday, November 29, 2015

CHOCOLATE MAGIC WANDS & STUFF

Before we get started, let me give a super shout out to my girl Kim of http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/, who lovingly does her weekly meme every Sunday about news, reviews, books and other great info.  Hey Kim!

This recipe is super simple, great for parties and a great treat for the kids.  Once again, I give mad props to Taste of Home -  5 Ingredient Cookbook.  This book is fantastic!


INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 Cups White Baking Chips
1 Package Pretzel Rods
Colored Candy Stars or Sprinkles
Colored Sugar or Edible Glitter

DIRECTIONS
In a microwave, melt chips and stir into smooth.  Dip each pretzel rod halfway into the melted chips, allowing the excess to drop off.  Sprinkle with candy stars or sprinkles and the colored sugar.  Place on waxed paper, letting stand until dry. Store in an airtight container.  Use Dark or other flavored chocolate if you prefer. Enjoy!



BOOKS AS GIFTS
If you enjoy reading as much as I do, one would think I'd get gift cards to Barnes and Noble or Amazon, but it NEVER happens! (lol)  However, even if you're not a hard booknerd like me and some of my fellow bloggers, there are a gifts that would work well under the tree.


1.  THE WINE BIBLE: In a 5 year period James Beard Award winner Karen MacNeil tasted over 10,000 wines to provide her recommendations for some of the best around the world.  It will require some time on your part, however, because it's over 1000 pages!  "PM"

2.  HOME: Do you love looking at pictures of opulent homes AND Ellen?  Be sure to check out this design book with pics and info about places she has lived in over the years.  Very cool!


3.  PLACES TO GO, PEOPLE TO SEE by Kate Spade is the ultimate Travel book for your coffee table.


4.  Can you imagine visiting a city and having just 36 HOURS...?  Yep, you can visit places all over the world right from your living room by reading this New York Times bestseller.



CLOTHING GIFTS
If your friends and family who are more into clothes, and would get excited about unique clothing, visit www.nastygirl.com.  Some things are a little pricey, but are definitely worth it.

Think outside of the box by visiting www.riverisland.com for cool and edgy style.


BLACK FRIDAY MADNESS
If you remember from one of my other posts, I used to do the Black Friday shopping deal all the time, but I stopped for a few years once I moved.  Well, I got back into the groove on Thanksgiving because I sort of missed the madness.  Yes, call me a nut, I know - but work with me, ok? (lol)  Everyone started out in a really good mood, giving me  plenty of people to chat and laugh with.  Uh...well, those feelings of cheer didn't last for long once the 32 Inch Roku Flat Screen ran out, AFTER customers were guaranteed receipt by having a red wrist band.  Yikes!  There was cursing and a near fight while I walked around.  I'm not surprised they ran out of televisions because many had 3 and 4 in 2-3 carts.

For those who may be worried, I was the 2nd person in line, and despite walking around looking for things that everyone wasn't fighting for, I was outta there in one piece in less than 33 minutes.  Not bad, huh?


SAYING "NO" TO YOUR HOST
This time of year, everyone is eating, everywhere, and at some point during the holiday, you'll be invited to someone's home.  There can be a smorgasbord available for your culinary delight, but you don't eat ANY of it! Now what?  Do you tell your host when she notices you slinking around hungry, or do you sneak out early and head for the nearest fast food joint., and hope no one notices?  Inquiring minds are eager to know.

6 comments:

  1. I think the best thing to do when you go to Thanksgiving dinner or any dinner at someone else's house is ask if it's ok to bring a dish. If you're a vegetarian or have a restricted diet like a diabetic...just bring a dish that you can eat in case there's nothing there they they make you can eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG those choco wands are addictive! I go to Christmas bazaars and there are booths that does these sample thingy with pretzel sticks and I keep on coming back for it. The sweet and salty combo is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! I already used to eat those pretzel rods as a standalone, but adding yummy chocolate sealed the deal! Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Oh Black Friday madness. Here in Canada, we have something similar called, "Boxing Day". We don't join the melee because that's just...insane. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Totally agree with you on the insanity of it all.(lol) Much safer and probably less expensive to just shop from my computer. Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...