Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A CHOCOLATE TREAT AND TRIVIA

Are you already thinking about all the desserts you're going to make for the holidays when guests come to visit?  This is a perfect treat to serve up at a family gathering, and is simple to prepare. I love the addition of fresh raspberries mixed with yummy chocolate for a unique flavor combination! I snagged this from Better Homes and Gardens.




Raspberry Cocoa with Chocolate-Hazelnut Cream



Directions

  1. In a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker combine cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Stir in the hot water until mixture forms a paste. Whisk in half-and-half and milk.
  2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. (Do not boil.) Add bittersweet chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted.
  3. If necessary, skim "skin" from surface; discard. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-heat setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
  4. To serve, stir in vanilla and raspberry liqueur.
  5. Meanwhile, in a chilled bowl combine whipping cream, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and 2 teaspoons sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Pipe or spoon cream mixture onto cocoa. If desired, garnish with fresh raspberries and shaved chocolate.

ARE YOU ORGANIZED FOR REAL?

When my son was a baby, I found the perfect babysitter.  In addition to being this really great person, Nina had some over the top organizational skills. To this day, I have still not met anyone else who alphabetizes an entire refrigerator and pantry! Have you?

According to a recent survey Redbook Survey of 1000 women, 8 out of 10 women say they are organized, yet 72% admit it takes from 5 to 20 minutes of their time looking for misplaced items! I'm definitely in this category. (lol)                   




COLOR INSPIRATIONS

Are you ready to make some decorative changes with furniture, walls or bookcases, but not sure about colors?  If you're a shoe-aholic like me, take a peek in your closet.
The color of your shoes speaks to your personality, and can provide really neat design ideas you may not have considered.
 Grab one and take to Home Depot or Lowes for expert advice on choosing that perfect tone.  



Around since 1992, http://www.onewarmcoat.org/ has provided thousands of coats to those in need, and they always appreciate donations.      












13 comments:

  1. I'm actually pretty organized and I can usually find what I'm looking for though it took me awhile to figure out that for me the best organizational system is the simplest I can get because if it gets the slightest bit complicated it's not going to happen. I LOVE shoes and I love those Vans! That color! Must have! I could definitely use that chocolate raspberry goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kudos to you for the organisation. I'm still a work in process for sure. Yes, shoes are my weakness, and they are everywhere in the house. (lol) Hope you and the family had a awesome Thanksgiving! Hugs...

      Delete
  2. Yep, thoughts of holiday desserts makes the season bright for me.

    Hmm, let's say that I am organized in general. Lists and a place for everything yes, but I do tend to keep things longer than I should so clutter can happen. :)

    Shoes, yeah, I don't have many so I go with neutral colors and more versatile comfort styles for budget purposes, but years ago, yeah, they reflected my personality. :)

    Nice to see the coat campaign. That reminds me I need to put up the clothes tree we do at work so people can donate winter clothes.

    Have a great day, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have clutter, but I've been trying to get rid of it lately on ebay because like you, I keep things longer than I should. I have some neutral colors, but when I see bold on sale, I try to go for it. Hope your Thanksgiving was amazing! Hugs...

      Delete
  3. I was thinking about making that no bake eclair cake that I made a while back. Ken loved it and so did my daughter.

    I almost always buy black shoes. I wonder what that says about me. lol My last pair of flip flops were black with tiny while skulls on them. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Mary, those flip flops sound really cool, and wish I could score a pair. We miss seeing you and hope all is well. HUGE Hugs...

      Delete
  4. I love anything with chocolate! Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't see the purpose of alphabetically organizing things. What a waste of time! As long as I know where it all is, I'm good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I saw that, I admit to being floored, and to be a daycare provider, her home was like something out of a magazine. She was such an amazing woman despite the over the alphabetical thing. Her pantry was the same way too. (lol) Hugs...

      Delete
  6. Hi Ro, it's good to be catching up... I hope everything is going well for you.

    I have a friend who has amazing organizational skills... that's not me... I wish I did, I'd save time looking for items xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Nina is awesome! I don't even know where to begin if I were to alphabetize the pantry. How do you arrange it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do not do this to me--oh chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...