Friday, February 10, 2017

ANGEL FOOD CAKE W/TROPICAL FRUIT & RASPBERRY SAUCE

If you've been watching this blog, you already know that I could care less about calories when I'm posting recipes - but I probably should be. This culinary delight is not only super simple to prepare, but has only a tiny 128 calories per slice.  Say what?

INGREDIENTS
1 Medium Mango, diced (1 cup)
1 Medium Orange, segmented (reserve juice)
2 Pints Fresh Strawberries, divided
1 Tsp Freshly Grated Ginger
2 Tbsp Cold Water
1 Tbsp Seedless Raspberry Jam (low sugar)
1/2-1 Tsp Coconut Extract
1 8 Oz Store Bought Angel Food Cake, cut into 8 slices
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut (toasted)

DIRECTIONS
1.  Combine Mango, Orange and its juices , 1 Pint Raspberries and Ginger in a medium bowl and set aside.

2. In a blender or food processor, combine the second Pint of Raspberries, water, Jam and Coconut extract, then puree until smooth.

3.  Arrange the cake on  serving plates, with the fruit on the side.  Drizzle the cake and fruit with the raspberry sauce, and sprinkle with coconut flakes.

VIRTUAL ASSISTANT
Did you know that there's an International Virtual Assistant Association?  You can become a member for a fee, or use their large directory to find the person you need for your business. Check out www.ivaa.org for more information.  Also, Power to Fly, (love that business name) which launched in 2014, is another place to find jobs as a freelancer.






12 comments:

  1. I worked for a virtual assistant firm as a writer for a while. (A guy hired them to manage his content, I guess because it was cheaper than paying a content manager?) They were so organized and friendly. If I ever needed an assistant, I'd definitely consider them first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty neat, Steph. I love when you share all the things you've done. You have such a diverse background that is so cool! Hugs...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. With this tiny bit of calories, this is my new go to snack for sure. Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, this cake feels/tastes like Summer!!
    Happy weekend, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh, yummy!! I actually have tons of raspberries (ask hubby to get me "a few" for my last recipe post, and he brought home a flat!!) so I will have to make that sauce!!! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You post the most awesome recipes! Thanks, RO, and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Angela. I'm a serious foodie! Hugs...

      Delete
  6. Oh that cake looks really good and it even has mango in it, I like mango!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately, I've totally been hooked on Mango and love the taste.

      Delete
  7. Oh man. Yum. I *almost* bought an angel food cake at the store today.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...