Very few people believe that I actually win prizes from entering sweepstakes, and those doubters keep motivating me every day! I've won over $1500 in toys, gas cards, concert tickets, cash, make-up, gourmet candy and flowers. No, I haven't won cars or trips, but that doesn't mean it's not right around the corner, destined to happen one day soon.
How do I win? Mostly, consistency, but it can take time via the computer or by mail. Even though I find lots of sweepstakes on my own, I have help from cool sites like www.sweetiessweeps.com, www.infinitesweeps.com, and www.sweepingamerica.com , and www.on-linesweepstakes.comto name a few. They don't mind telling you how to find which contests to enter.
There are a few things to remember, however:
1) Follow the rules! People have no idea that they've disqualified themselves by entering a contest 5 times when the entry says ONE entry only.
2) Take time to look through the coupons from the Sunday paper. Not only will you save money on products, but you'll often find special contests that may not be published.
3) When entering a store, take time to look for entry boxes at the door or near the register for sweepstakes. If you don't see them, don't be afraid to ask. Every time I go into Carlie C's I ask about their contest entry forms because they don't always keep them on the counter. Sometimes these sweepstakes are easier to win because people may not pay attention, and the prizes are smaller.
4) The best time to enter sweepstakes? November and December, because everyone is busy making holiday plans, and won't have as much time to enter.
5) Only enter the sweepstakes you really want. So if you know you can't get off work without lots of notice, it doesn't pay to win a trip you'll never use. I love to read, so I do spend lots of time entering sweeps geared towards books.
5) Finally - you can't ever win if you don't enter, so what are you waiting for?
So what are you waiting for? Get ready, get set, GO!