Sunday, September 20, 2015

SUPER BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES AND SOME STUFF

Before we get started, let's give a super shout out to my girl Kim, of http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/, who lovingly does her weekly meme every Sunday about news, reviews, books and other great info.  

Now on to the recipe:
This has to be one of the most moist and chewy cookies you'll ever eat.  Why?  Because this recipe uses super ripe bananas AND butter to get the job done right! You're gonna love these!


BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

If you care about all that nutritional stuff:

1 cookie equals 66 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.

Directions

  1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
  2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Should make about 3 dozen.Taste of Home Magazine

FOOD NEWS I'LL BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW

If you're a music fan, you've probably heard of Chris Brown.  If you didn't know that, he used to be Rihanna's boyfriend until the domestic violence incident we won't mention right now.  But did you know he owns 14 Burger Kings?

Jimmy Buffet owns several Krispy Kreme shops.

Kanye West owns 9 Fatburgers.

Peyton Manning owns 21 Papa John's shops.

Robert de Niro owns Locanda Verde in New York and Nobu (everywhere!)

Bon Jovi owns Soul Kitchen and his restaurant is the most unusual and amazing. There are no prices on the menu!  Ten dollars cover the cost of your 3 course meal, but if you pay more, it goes toward someone's else's tab.  Left your wallet at home?  Volunteer in some fashion and your meal is paid.  He believes that " all are welcome".





LOL!

Because of something a kid said to me a little while ago about old people using Facebook, and a few comments via this blog, I decided to restart my Twitter account which had been pretty much dormant since 2011! (lol)  Anna from  http://www.herdingcats-burningsoup.com/said it's totally different and boy is that the truth.  The discussions are nothing like on Facebook. What I've noticed is that a lot of near-naked ladies have been following me, lately. Uh...what's up with that, I ask you? (lol)  I think it's because even though this blog is listed, my e-mail says "toygoddess".  However, kudos to you ladies for daring to be you and posting sexy pics of yourselves. I'm just not ready to go past my cat pic stage at this time. (lol) Yes, I'm going there friends, for those who may have other thoughts.*heh*.  That name has no hidden meaning, and is solely based on my love and collection of action figures, Hot Wheels, Barbie's and Happy Meal Toys.   On the other end of the spectrum, I signed up for Skype and EVERY person who wants to connect with me is male. Hottie hubby laughed about it, because he knows me pretty well.  No go, fellas.    

How's your day going?











10 comments:

  1. That cat pic is fun :) And why are you tempting me with cookies at 9.50PM, huh ? Now I have to make a trip to the kitchen ! I liked Bon Jovi as a group, but I like his idea for a restaurant, original indeed. I once had a Twitter account but... too many info, unchecked info, too quickly, I gave up, just like I prefer slow food to fast food. But sometimes on Goodreads (even Goodreads !), I see men asking to be friends with me and I'm always wary, especially if I receive MPs from them and they post their true picture on their account - you never know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twitter is just weird. I love it but it's a strange place. That cookie recipe looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so glad I saw this just now, Ro! Perfect timing! I have bananas I was gonna make into banana bread but wasn't totally feeling it. Gonna have to do this now! Woots!

    And gah on Twitter. It's a very odd space for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try the cookie recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa. Those are some interesting tidbits of facts! Who knew Peyton is a pizza guy?! Haha! and another tip, don't ever mention any apple products or you'll be spammed, I guarantee it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know there's a higher reason why I love Bon JOvi! Darn it! I'll volunteer to do his laundry! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. RO, you have made me smile "toygoddess", hungry, and I have learned a few more things!
    What a post :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies sound fabulous! I'm in a banana-y phase and this sounds like a perfect addition. That's funny about your scantily clad twitter followers. I have a few but most of them are spam accounts. I need to get better about using twitter. I forget about it a pretty good bit. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had NO idea those people owned fast food restaurants. I LOVE Krispy Kreme...if I had lots of money, I'd buy a franchise just so I could have them fresh any time I wanted. That would probably be bad for my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you are a great source of information and look at all that ah wonderful super delicious yum things you share, I already like you !!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...