Tuesday, September 15, 2015

TOO MUCH INFO & A TREAT WITH MANGO

Before I get started, be advised that if you're looking for inexpensive gas, get a Walmart gift card, then use it at their gas stations to get a few pennies off.  I used it in Coats, NC and grabbed a gas deal of just $1.99 per gallon! YAY!!! I didn't think I'd ever see those prices again in this lifetime.

On to this magnificently simple recipe:

NO-CHURN MANGO SORBET

INGREDIENTS
2 Ripe Mangoes, chopped
1/2 Sweetened Cream of Coconut
1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Cup Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Spread the mangoes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours or overnight.

Place the frozen mango, cream of coconut, pineapple juice, lime juice maple syrup and salt into a food processor.  Pule until the mangoes are finely chopped.  continue to process until smooth, 6-8 minutes, scraping off the sides as necessary.

Transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 4 days.

Serve sprinkled with coconut, if desired.   

LOTTERY WINNER - NOT!
How would you like to buy a $2.00 scratch-off, then realize you were $20,000 richer?  Imagine Ardella Newman's surprise when she was told that the ticket she thought was a winner, was actually issued in error?  Apparently, winning numbers are always listed at the top.  In this instance her ticket had numbers at the bottom, indicating it had been loaded incorrectly and cut off.  Unbelievable, right? She's fighting this with the Virginia Lottery Board.

When I first heard about this, I was a little nervous, because I thought it was a mechanism for more Social Media negativity, BUT Mark Zuckerberg confirms for the first time today that a DISLIKE button is coming soon to Facebook.  The intent of the button is to express empathy, and won't be used for upvoting or not liking a specific post.

This is something that people have been asking about for years and it's coming very soon.

Anyone who knows me, notices that I carry books with me everywhere, and I'll always find a reason to read.  In addition, my home is filled with bookcases and a zillion books.  The other day, someone who has known me for about 8 or so years, commented, that perhaps I should get rid of a some of my books since most I'd already read.  I shook my ear, because surely, I didn't hear that statement very clearly, right?  I've collected books since I was 7 years old.  Some I lost and had to find all over again. Books are precious treasures. Some I may re-read, some I haven't read because they are on the TBR pile and a few are signed copies.  Uh...how about a BIG resounding "NO, I will NOT be getting rid of any of my books!"  Can I get an Amen from my reader friends in the blogosphere today? (lol)  Hugs...




17 comments:

  1. Get rid of books? No, no I wouldn't either and I don't even have room for the ones I have. A dislike button...hmm. That could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been known to get rid of duplicates, but other than that, NO! (lol) I'm keeping my eye on that when it pops up. I agree that it seems interesting! Hugs...Ro

      Delete
  2. I actually do get rid of some books I read but am very selective. I tend to get rid of romances and mysteries that I know I'll never read again and even then I get rid of them through paperbackswap where I can use the credit to get more books. I just read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up (or something like that) and she advocates getting rid of all unread books because if you haven't read them by now you're not going to. I had to put the book down and walk away for a bit to recover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YIKES! I've been known to give away duplicates, but for the most part, I keep them. I remember reading JR Ward when she first started writing her vampire books and hated it. About a year later, I picked it up my TBR pile and was hooked. Had I given that away, I would have kicked myself. (lol) It is good to get credit when you can to get more books. Definitely nothing wrong with that for sure. Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Sigh. I hate parting with my books, but not gonna lie, some of these books deserves another home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I have better luck with the lottery. Kroger gives great gas deals too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the deals at Kroger. Will have to try those out! Thanks Braine! Hugs...Ro

      Delete
  5. Ooo when people say that I just wanna go "shut your mouth! never!" lol

    I've been grabbing the HarrisTeeter deals where you get $10 off a $50 card. Enjoying those little discounts :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto on that one, Anna. I haven't heard about the Harris Teeter deals. Will have to check that out, and appreciate the tip! Hugs...Ro

      Delete
  6. HOLY CRAP RO! Haha are all of those your hooks at the very end? If so...HOLY CRAP RO! Haha now I don't feel bad that I have all but run out of space on my tiny, mesley bookshelf! I live books so uh, NO dont get rid of your books girls. NO one can understand the passion we have for books like we do. My sister and I got in an argument over three feel act that I rebought books on my Kindle that I already had physical copies. To me it wasn't a waste of money because I just love books that much I'll spend extra just to have more copies of them. Pfft. That's a given. ; (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Kute Keionda! My husband would kill me if I dared put books on the steps like that, but the thought sounds promising, right? (lol) I do have a ledge on the steps where Barbie's are on display, however. *Heh* Totally agree! We could have worse habits, right? At least what we're doing is legal AND fun! (lol) Hugs...Ro

      Delete
  7. My favorite books -- I refuse to part with. I still have my Little Golden Books from childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Angela. That's pretty dang amazing and kudos to you. Some of those books will never be reproduced, so you have some treasures for sure! Hugs...

      Delete
  8. AMEN!!! on the book thing, RO :)

    Our Walmart had to close its gas station...the other stations complained they were taking their business...huh???

    Why have such a negative thing as a "dislike" button. I have a "like" reaction but I don't need negative reactions. If someone posts something that I do not like...I just move on.

    Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my old blog, RO...I did appreciate what you had to say. Now my blogs name and URL have changed...I have to be me~

    Big, Big Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Jan, that's pretty amazing that they'd close the gas station like that. I think his intent is to show empathy when there is death or illness with someone, but I'm not quite sure how this thing would work out. REally anxious to see it. You're quite welcome. You go, girl! Hugs...Ro

      Delete
  9. I have actually given away books, but I rather tend to keep them all as well, Ro!

    Your mango sorbet sounds delicious! I love mangos, and I also love sorbet, so that's a complete win-win situation.

    I can't believe a woman was told there was an error on her lottery ticket! If she had the winning numbers, they should pay her - because obviously, there won't be that one ticket with the winning numbers at the top, since she got those at the bottom of hers, right?

    Have a fantastic Friday, Ro *hugs*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you on the lottery ticket, Lexxie. Not her fault, and no one would actually win that money. I hope it works out for her. Mangos are fantastic and glad you like them too! Hugs and happy Monday!

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...