Tuesday, October 13, 2015

WHAT IN THE HECK? AGAIN!

Despite doing some really crazy things in my life, I don't mind sharing so you can all laugh along with me. (lol)

I only thought this happened on television or in the
movies, but uh..nope!  The other day, I had to get some gas because I've been traveling way more than normal for various appointments. I stopped to a Murphy's gas station because it was the least expensive in the area.  I pumped the gas while talking on the phone then got back into the car. Then I started daydreaming. If you guessed that I drove off with the pump thingy still in the tank, you go to the head of the class with an A+.  Hearing this loud noise, and hysterical laughter from my fellow pumpees told me I had clearly lost my mind for a moment, before humbly going back to take care of my faux pas. Was I embarrassed? Heck yeah!  But why not turn these embarrassments into a story, right? Blogosphere, can you please tell me that I'm not the only one who has momentarily lost it in the gas station?  What the heck? (lol)

Being a cookbook collector, I managed to come across another really good one, called Taste of Home - 5 Ingredient Cookbook.  I totally love it!  Not only are these recipes simple to make, but they're creative and tasty.  Here's a really good one you can use as an appetizer or sweet treat, and it only takes about 10-15 minutes!


AMARETTO-PEACH CHEESE SPREAD
2 Pkgs - Softened Cream Cheese
1 Jar Peach Preserves
1 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
2 Tablespoons Amaretto
Gingersnap Cookies or Sugar Cookies

All you do is place the cream cheese on  serving plate.  In a small bowl, mix your preserves, pecans and Amaretto, then pour all that yumminess over the cream cheese.  Serve with the cookies and that's it.  What the heck, why not use on a bagel, too? (lol)





I'm waaay behind in blogging and responding, but I promise to get back on my game one day soon.  I sure miss seeing what everyone has been talking about in the world of blogging. One thing I managed to do that I'm super excited about was finishing up an interview with Postcards from The Great Food Truck Race on the TV Food Network with my boyfriend Tyler. I'll take those pats on the back right about now, please. I'm also thrilled that they are doing a  Kids' Chopped in the next 2 weeks!  I love to see kids show off their culinary skills in the kitchen. 


Did you know that there are tons of hidden bunkers throughout Washington D.C. just in case the president has to make a quick getaway?  Some are located in old buildings, or hotel basements.







16 comments:

  1. Ok that's the funniest thing ever. But no, I've never done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You'd be amazed at the things that happen to me. Hugs...

      Delete
  2. I loved the Postcards truck! They were one of my favorites on the show and I look forward to your interview! I haven't done the gas thing before but it's kind of amazing I haven't. I have forgotten to put the cap back on more than once - luckily it's attached!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how calm they stayed most of the time. I would have been frantic. (lol) Interview is fab, can't wait to get it out! I'e forgotten the cap too! (lol) Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Oh Lord. This is why I only go to full-service service stations. I know it's only a matter of time before I'll pull the same stunt. Lmao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I haven't seen a full service station in like forever! I need to move near you! (lol) Hugs...Ro

      Delete
  4. Oh my lord! I don't drive but when I do... this is totally going to be me. I just know it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Ro! lol That is too funny. Nope never done that but I've forgotten my gas cap before. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you could just imagine some of the things that happen to me on a daily basis! Crazy!!!! I've lost more caps than I probably should say. *heh*

      Delete
  6. And but of course we've missed seeing you around the blogging world and reading your awesome posts! So I can't wait for you to get back on your game. That day is coming soon.♡ and bahaha I bet when you heard that loud noise at the gas station you were like....huh? I would have been super embarrassed but...*dusts off shoulders* teehee I kiss you girl! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kind Keionda! Things have been pretty hectic around here, but I do hope to get back on track soon. Ditto on the embarrassment, but hopefully I'll never see those people again! (lol) Hugs...Ro

      Delete
  7. Well, I can't say that I've done that at the gas station, but how about hitting the median at a toll booth and scratching up the side of the car? Yep, did that while everyone was watching.

    Stay safe while out in your travels.

    I love Taste of Home's cookbooks. I used to subscribe to their Quick Cooking Mag and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try that yummy recipe! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a worse story for you--once when I was younger, I did something (no idea what) that made the gas come spurting out of the gas pump and all over me!!! I had to go home and throw all my clothes out and shower. Even a shower didn't help, though--I could still smell it. I still blame it on a defective pump but I know deep down it was probably something I did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. teeheheh thats funny. I never done that, but I don't drive. I don't know if my husband ever had a hick up like that, I don't recall everything heh

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...