Tuesday, January 24, 2017

TREMENDOUS DIPS AND TIDBITS

Hector Manuel Sanchez
Aren't you tired of seeing the same old dips that are store bought and blah? With Superbowl just around the corner, these dips are sure to score a touchdown if they're taken to a potluck, or you're the one who is hosting the party.  Even better, these recipes from Lisa Cericola of Southern Living serve up to 8 people and are very simple to make. 

BACON-PIMENTO GUACAMOLE
Coarsely mash 3 peeled and pitted ripe avocados with 2 1/2 tbsp Lime Juice and 3/4 Kosher salt. Fold in 1 drained 4 oz jar diced Pimentos, 1/4 cup chopped Red Onions, 6 cooked and crumbled Bacon Slices, and 2 tbsp Cilantro.  Works great with tortilla chips. Isn't everything better with bacon???


CREAMY CRAB DIP
Stir together 12 oz. fresh Lump Crabmeat, (don't use imitation) drained and picked free of shells; 1/2 cup Sour Cream; 1/2 cup Mayo; 1/3 cup Scallions; 2 tbsp Lemon Juice; 1 tbsp Parsley, and 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning.  Top with fresh Chives.  Serve  with celery sticks or crackers. 


NASHVILLE HOT CHICKEN DIP - Someone is sure to bring chicken wings-lol
Microwave 3 softened -oz packages Cream Cheese on high until melted, 1-2 minutes, stirring after a minute.  Stir in 3/4 cup Buttermilk, 6 tbsp honey, 1 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper and 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder. Microwave on high until hot, 2-3 minutes.  Top with 1 tbsp sliced Scallions.  Serve with wings instead of Blue Cheese Dressing.


Hector Manuel Sanchez
SUCCOTASH SALSA DIP
Stir together 1 pt. grape tomatoes, diced; 1 (15.25-oz.) can baby lima beans, drained; 1 (15.25-oz.) can whole-kernel yellow corn, drained; 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion; 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil; 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley; 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar; 1 tsp. kosher salt; and 3/4 tsp. black pepper in a medium bowl. Serve with scoop-style corn chips.




President William Henry Harrison served a very brief term.  He caught pneumonia during his inauguration and sadly died just 31 days later.

President William Taft was the only president to also serve as the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
President:1909 - 1913 and Chief Justice: 1921 - 1930


Did you know that you can get on the waiting list of your fave restaurant right from your phone to save time?  You can also see the waiting list of various restuarants in advance so you can arrange your schedule accordingly. Visit www.nowait.com for more info.

If you're a trivia junkie like I am, you're gonna love this FREE App called Trivia Crack!  It has a 4.5 rating from Google Playstore, and can be found on Twitter and Facebook.  Show off all that knowledge with friends and family with this fun download.  This is also a great way to keep kids occupied on a day trip.

All fans of The Walking Dead - you don't have much longer to wait. Set your DVRs for 9pm on AMC, February 12.  No, I do not like Zombie movies, tv programs or books. (lol)


15 comments:

  1. The bacon dip.... THAT ONE!!!! (Bacon is pretty much the way to my heart!) Great post love! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I'm right with you! Bacon, bacon, bacon!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipes! I'm looking forward to trying the crab dip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those recipes sound really good. I love different dips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great to try new things, Mary? I'm with you! Hugs...

      Delete
  4. My family had a bit of a Trivia Crack problem awhile ago. We're all super competitive so it was interesting here for awhile! Love the sound of the dips. I'm especially interested in that bacon pimento guacamole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You're so lucky Kathy! Love, love, love trivia games, and some can be really addictive for sure. Bacon, right? (lol)

      Delete
  5. What an honor to serve as the President then as a SC Justice! Thanks for that trivia and all the dip recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? That guy had to be super smart AND diligent! Love to try new dips for my crackers. Hugs...

      Delete
  6. Uh oh... I think I would love that Trivia Crack app... lol, I like things like that. I just had to take a moment to download it.. Sometimes I have to delete things if I spent too much time on them... lol xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Ro, I'm doing good... I'll be writing again soon ... I think the only reason I have many comments is because I comment on a massive amount of blog's :-) xox ♡

      Delete
    2. Nowadays, I don't have as many people to do trivia things with, but I still keep stuff in my head! Glad you had a minute to download. Yay! Looking forward to more posts that keep me motivated! Thanks so much for the support! Hugs....and happy weekend!

      Delete
  7. Hmmm that last one. I might need to try out that dip! *nods*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely vegetarian, right? I have to try this and I'm calling it guilt-free goodness! lol

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...