I think the reason to quit may be tied to the reason we start to blog. Was our intent to get rich, share reviews on products or books, cooking ideas or more? Do we still love those things?
I did some research and found several bloggers who make BIG money on a monthly basis. An entertainment site, www.Mashable.com makes over $650,000 a month from Google Ad Sense alone! Here's an example of a Lifestyle money-making blog called PinchofYum.com. This data comes from www.bloggerspassion.com. Wow!
Pinchofyum.com is a food blog owned by a husband and wife team Lindsay and Bjork. Lindsay is a teacher, pug lover, and dessert eater from Minnesota handles the writing, photography and cooking part while the technicalities and making money is handled by her husband Bjork. Why they are into blogging? Well.. here are the reasons given by Lindsay herself:
Blogging is a lot of work. So why do it?There are so many things about this process that have been meaningful and rewarding for me.
- sharing yummy food with other food lovers
- helping others start their own blog
- sharing photography tips in a food photography eBook
- developing the blog into a source of income
- showing others how they can do the same in our monthly income reportsPlus a big benefit of the income that we earn from the blog is that it helps us make this year of living and working in the Philippines a reality.
The team at pinchofyum.com regularly posts recipes to their blog. The frequency of posting varies between 25-30 posts per month and enjoys a good readership. The blog posts are loaded with eye-catching pictures of the recipes. It is obvious from the quality of things that the team takes good care of what goes live on their blog. Pinchofyum.com is a part of Blogher blogging network.
Listed below are some important statistics for the blog pinchofyum.com:
- Alexa Traffic Rank: 14702
- Alexa Traffic Rank in US: 4697
- Sites Linking In (according to Alexa): 4517
- Domain Authority (DA): 63/100
- No of pages indexed in Google: 1200
- Twitter Followers: 10.5K
- Facebook Likes: 56633
- Lindsay Ostorm in Google + Circles: 5826
- Feedburner Readers: NA
- Email Subscribers: NA
Their Earnings Report:
- Month: October 2016
But I bet some of us have run into a few occasions where we come up empty or feel a little bit of burnout. I'm sure we may have come in contact with some negativity that we could definitely live without. But are these things enough to make you pull your hair out and simply throw in the towel?Income Breakdown:
- Tasty Food Photography – $595.00
- Bluehost – $3,450 (Learn how to install WordPress in 5 Minute)
- sovrn – $537.80
- Elegant Themes – $79.50
- Genesis Theme – $439.71
- Gourmet Ads – $1,471.13
- Amazon Associates – $2,480.16
- How to Monetize Your Food Blog eBook – $315.00
- YouTube Earnings – $39.44
- AdThrive – $37,669.42
- Sponsored Posts & speaking – $17,334.00
- Swoop – 2,423.24
The other day on Facebook I was shocked by a post. Twenty years ago, I would have laughed about this along with everyone else. At this point in my life, I know that those who are homeless or victims of domestic violence may not have time to bathe because they left their homes with nothing, or are out on the street with nowhere to go. They're embarrassed and hurting. What saddened me about this post is that this woman works in the health AND beauty industry. I just expected a better response from such a classy woman. Her Facebook post is listed below.
"Public Service Announcement!! Please to all my FB family & friends can you make sure that before you go to the doctor or anywhere please take a bath , shower ,wash up at the sink which ever suits you but wash your ass please !!! This is the negative side of working in the medical field .. It's just so disrespectful to come to the doctor smelling like you haven't bathed in weeks 😷🤢 nobody wants to smell your stinking ass !!! 😡😤😩😖 "