Friday, July 31, 2015

CHERRY SWIRL BROWNIES

I am a total fan of cherries, and this wow-worthy chocolate treat that's so simple to make, is sure to be a winner with friends or family.


INGREDIENTS
1 Pkg Cream Cheese that's been softened
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Chopped and well drained maraschino cherries (Or use regular cherries)
1 Tbs Maraschino Cherry Juice (Or use regular cherry juice)
2 Eggs
1 Box Betty Crocker Ultimate Fudge Brownie Mix
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil


DIRECTIONS
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees or 325 degrees in a dark or nonstick pan.  Grease the bottom of the square pan with cooking spray of your choice.  In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, cherries, cherry juice and 1 egg with a spoon, then set aside.  In another bowl, combine the brownie mix, pouch of chocolate fudge, oil, 1/4 cup water and the other egg until well blended.


Spread 1/2 the batter in the pan, then spread the cream cheese mixture over the batter.  Carefully spoon the remaining batter on top, spreading gently to cover.  Bake 43-47 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick 1 inch from the side of the pan comes out almost clean.  Cool for about 1 1/2 hours before cutting.  If you're fortunate to have any left, store covered in the fridge.  


JUST ONE MORE THING
August 4 at 10pm can't get here fast enough when the Season 2 premiere of Playing House is back on USA!  One day last year, I watched the first episode of this crazy sitcom, then found myself hooked until the season ended, causing me to suffer withdrawal.

When viewing this program, you'll be amazed at the chemistry between these two actresses Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair, and that's because they are best friends in real life.  The series touches on things that you've probably experienced at some time, and somehow making you crack up.  There's just this super funny vibe that you can connect with no matter what the topic is.  Even better, there are occasions that they stray from the script and it's hilarious! If you just want to have a real good time with the girls, grab some popcorn, sandwiches and lemonade, then binge on this wonderful program  ON Demand, or on-line before the new season starts.








12 comments:

  1. Awesome post! that sure looks so tasty, I might wanna try making one. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    http://whalespa.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A BIG welcome Reception and so glad you stopped by. If it's chocolate, I'm in! Hugs...

      Delete
  2. Omg they look incredible! I'd love to try these. Big hugs luv!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great idea. I love those Betty CrOcker brownie mixes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Chocolate and cherry is one of my favorite flavor combinations and this recipe looks seriously delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I promise that once you start eating these, it's going to be rough to stop. Totally yummy! Hugs...

      Delete
  5. Chocolate anything is right up my alley! Yummy!! Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cherries too! Maybe I'll drizzle my cake with some rum and just soak on this decadent dessert! Happy Friday, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adding Rum AND cherries?! Now you're speaking my language! (lol) Happy Saturday to you. Hugs...

      Delete
  7. Ro those brownies look awesome! Have you made them? I'm actually still watching what I eat but man o man how I wish I could take a bite out of one of those. Now I have to stop thinking about that. Teehee and just think about it, you can watch your TV show and eat those awesome brownies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. RO, every time I come to your blog I get hungry. I'm gonna have to stay away if I want to lose 15 pounds by 2016 lmao

    Sarah @ One Curvy Blogger

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...