Now that warmer weather has descended upon us in the states, there's a chance that you're going to be invited to a cookout, or expected to use your own dormant grill. There are many books about barbeque, and Bobby Flay, bless his cheating heart, has perfected it for fans of the Food Network or Cooking Channel.
I may be the most hated woman in America when it comes to this topic, but anything cooked on a grill is not my friend. Sorry. Even worse, I don't want any type of bbq sauce on my food. It doesn't matter if it's store bought, homemade, gourmet or sent from my boyfriends Jason Statham or Roman Reigns. Don't waste your time by telling me, "You'll love the way I make this", or trying to sneak it on a piece of oven baked chicken.(lol) If you bring barbecue from Texas, Kansas City, SC, downtown Raleigh, or any of the other well known barbecue states, something about that smoky taste is not a tasty treat to me.
However, there are other things I'm obsessed about these days.
1. I can't explain it, but Balsamic Vinegar is my new go to cooking favorite and I find reasons to put it on just about everything.
2. I'm already married, so why in the world am I glued to Say Yes to the Dress, Bride By Design and Curvy Brides? I can watch these programs in marathon form over and over again. Also, my guilty pleasure has to be the reality show, Chrisley Knows Best. Laugh out loud with this outrageously fun family from Georgia.
3. Suspense/Spy novels. I finish one and immediately jump into the next without collecting my $200.
4. Pinterest rocks! Not only have I found really neat friends, but just about anything you're interested in can be located on a board. I keyed in pink living rooms and found some really amazing decorating ideas.There are neat quotes, funny pics, great recipes and information on books.
5. Yep, if you guessed my old time fave of cheeseburgers, you go to the head of the class. When there's a program on television about them, I'm on the couch. If there's a new way to cook them at home, I'm in, and any new restaurant who brags about how good their burgers are, can expect me to call for reservations.
But what about you? Is there something new that you're hooked on that has friends scratching their heads and thinking you're nuts? Do you like barbecue?