Tuesday, June 23, 2015

TRY A NEW RECIPE TUESDAY & TASTY TIDBITS

WATERMELON-LIME COOLERS

INGREDIENTS
12 Cups Seedless Watermelon 
2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Cup Fresh Lime Juice

INSTRUCTIONS
In a blender, puree the watermelon and honey in batches, until smooth.  Set a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl and strain, pressing gently to squeeze out the juice. Discard any pulp.

Transfer to a pitcher, t, then stir in the lime juice.  Garnish each glass with a lime wedge, or if using straws, use a watermelon cube. Cool in the fridge, then serve over ice when you're ready.

Add a little spice by adding a cup of vodka to the pitcher.  Enjoy!

DID YOU KNOW?
If you get divorced just one day short of 10 years, neither you nor your spouse will be able to collect a dime in spousal or survivor benefits when you become eligible.  This can cause the loss of thousands of dollars.


PANERA GOODIES Sign up for FREE at Panera Bread and get goodies.  I just signed up and scored a FREE pastry when I go to visit the store.  Very easy.
https://www.panerabread.com.

RED ROBIN FREEBIE
Every year I share this info, and many still don't believe me!  Sign up with Red Robin Gourmet Burgers for a Red Royalty card and on your birthday, you'll get a FREE Cheeseburger of your choice along with unlimited fries!  There are 5 locations in NC, 5 in Virginia, 4 in KY, etc.  Visit their website, key in  your zip and find the one closest to you.  
https://royalty.redrobin.com/

ICE CREAM CELEBRATION
If you live in the RTP area and love ice cream, be sure to visit Whisk, a locally owned kitchen store in Cary this weekend to experience demos, amazing tastings and giveaways.


Whisk: Waverly Place (Upper Level) 316 Colonades Way, Cary, NC 
June 27 - 10:30am - 2:30pm 
https://www.whiskcarolina.com/ice-cream-and-soda-shop-celebration-whisk
HOOPLA
It's not available in my neck of the woods, but over 3000 libraries throughout the country use this program to allow you to check out Hollywood hits, or hard to find movies, as well as music, ebooks and comics simply by having a library card.  New titles are added weekly and you have access around the clock to find what you're looking for.  This is amazing and FREE!
https://www.hoopladigital.com/home
SEPHORA MAGIC

Get a FREE makeover at Sephora or have your hair touched up with their latest products.  This information isn't easy to find by just visiting their website. (sneaky-lol) If you visit www.sephora.com, click on store locator, or use the link below. Click on classes, then key in your zipcode to find a store near you, and what classes they have to offer.
http://www.sephora.com/store-locations-events
MARTHA STEWART
Every time I read her magazine or see her on television, I'm constantly amazed at the all the cool stuff Martha Stewart knows how to do. In her magazine this month, she shows how to not only make glassware slip free, but using colored rubber bands makes it fun and festive.  I happened to have a huge bag of assorted rubber bands and tried this.  Totally fab and simple.





9 comments:

  1. Yes I will be adding the vodka..but these sound so yummy, especially in this heat! I like the candles too Ro. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ditto, Kim. On occasion I will be adding a little pick me up. Hugs...

      Delete
  2. oh nice finds!! and yes, Sephora is sneaky, lols. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good freebie and enjoy passing it one. Sephora is a really neat store with amazing stuff in it! Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Oh ro! The things that you're putting in here, so mouthwatering! And I do need a makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy a nice fruity drink, with or without the alcohol. Makes the drink fun. Uh..you're already gorgeous, so I don't know that you really need a makeover, unless you just want to hang out in the store. (lol) Hugs...

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to share, Angela! (lol) Hugs...

      Delete
  5. I've never been to a Red Robin but thats awesome they have those rewards, since my bday is coming up I think I'm gonna sign up:D! Hugs hun! I love all your money saving tips!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...