Friday, December 25, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS & THANKS!

This year has probably been one of the roughest because so many unexpected things happened. There were times I cried in my car wondering if it would ever get better. It was definitely like one of those crazy roller coaster rides!  Despite all that, I realized who my true friends were and met some real-life angels.  After so many years, I now know that angels have no expectations. They simply are around to offer unconditional protection.  They don't ask to be repaid, or have negative demeanors despite offers of help, they accept your faults, treasure your friendship,  encourage, make you laugh when needed, and mostly listen without ever judging where you are in life.  So I give mad props to Tawanna, Tiani, Kels, Kelly, Lorie, as well as Dr. Sawyer and her Medical Team,  Somehow they were in the right place at the right time, every time.


We all think our problems are insurmountable until we meet up with others who've had it even worse. This year, I met military wives and mothers who lost children, or became caretakers for husbands struggling with trauma or injuries, and they were so amazingly strong! I met abused women who were running for their lives and misunderstood; many were homeless with no food to eat. I think about them every day wondering how they got through, as they became powerful messengers for others.  Kudos to Shelly and Lena and their families and so many others.  My prayers and thoughts are with you.


Wow!  I interacted with so many cool bloggers and authors this year that it made me do the happy dance!  They shared new books, recipes, fashion tips, freebies and profound thoughts all

throughout the year, and it was fabulous.  In addition to sharing such awesome content, they stopped over to say hello to me on a regular basis, which was very much appreciated.  Lexxie, Red, Anna, Mary, Angela, Kels, Kathy, Braine, Stephanie, Sophia, Sharonda, Lissa, Kimba, Joy, Sarah, Keionda, Lark, Blogoratti and my buddy Lanie - you guys totally rock with your comments and support! For Genique, Brenda Novak, Catherine Anderson, Patricia Maxwell, Cathryn Fox, Pamela Morsi, Delilah Devlin, Eden Bradley, and Postcards, I thank you all so very, very much!


When you enjoy the work of an author, or get caught up in a program on television, it's great to get to know them one-on-one behind the scenes to find out they are regular and fun people, who just happen to be famous.


Super kudos to Anna from Herding Cats and Burning Soup who had the courage to offer up a FREE Christmas Dinner for other bloggers in the NC area. Still amazed with that one!  For those of you who know her, this image fits her perfectly! (lol) 

ChumpLady who normally focuses on the cheating spouse reminded me that there is a difference between kindness and niceness.  I never really thought about it, but her take on these commonly used words totally makes sense. Visit her site to find out more.

If you're alone, or with family and friends, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year!  We hope all your dreams come true in 2016 and that you're surrounded by lots of love, love, love!  Hugs... I'm just thrilled to be alive right now and smiling!  I wish hottie hubby a super Merry Christmas with lots of food and fun!  Of course, I hate that he's one of those guys who NEVER gains weight! (lol)

ps. - if you've been following my blog, you may know that my son and grandbaby live out of town and I haven't seen them in 3 years! Well, he didn't want me to be alone while I've been recovering, so guess who's showing up in a few minutes??!!!!!

22 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Ro!! So happy you're in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your energy, spirit and goodwill, no matter what! Hugs...and Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Best wishes, RO, for a happy, healthy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! You have been soooooo super supportive from the beginning and I lost my brain for a minute and left off your name! I wish you a super prosperous New Year with plenty of fun recipes to share! BIG Hugs, Angela!

      Delete
  3. I'm really happy I found your blog this year. It's been nice talking to you here and on FB. Hope you had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Mary! I've found tons of useful info from your site and always appreciate your feedback. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  4. I hope that 2016 treats you well, Ro! I'm so glad we got to meet up this week :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Anna, I've got to say it - you are undercover kindness personified wrapped in a little naughty and lots of beauty, brilliance and laughter, and that makes you one of the absolutely coolest women I've ever met! BIG Hugs...

      Delete
  5. Happy belated Christmas, RO ! Whenever I visit your blog, you always put a smile on my face and renew my faith in humanity. I'm so happy you were able to see your family again, yay !!!!
    PS : my boyfriend eats tons of food and never gains weight either, it's disgusting :( ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Red, right back at you! I know you've been through a lot this year, but you've persevered and hung in there no matter what. I wish you a wonderful New Year with plenty of books, laughter and joy! Of course, you know I'm looking forward to many more pics!(lol) I appreciate your kind words! BIG Hugs...RO

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas hun! Can't wait to see where our convos will go in this new year;) hugs luv!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your day was as special as you are, and that your New Year is fun and relaxing! Big Hugs..

      Delete
  7. Didn't get around for Christmas posts, but I was glad to see you were meeting up with Anna for dinner. That sounded fun and I was glad you guys could do that.

    It has been quite a year, but it's always amazing how people can keep their hope and grow stronger through the challenges. Looks like you were one of your angels to many folks, Ro! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That dinner was crazy fun, and we probably would have closed the place down! It is amazing to see how many people can persevere despite so many hardships, and the kindness of many people is wondrous to see. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  8. I'm so happy you have met people who have your back, Ro! It's true that life isn't always easy, but it seems you've had your share of hardship this year, and I truly hope next year will be better :)
    I'm so glad we found each other's blogs! I love coming here to visit you, and it always brings a smile to my face when I see your comment on one of my posts.
    May 2016 bring you joy, happiness, success, good health and amazing books.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lexxie, you are the best! I'm looking forward to more of your trips and blog posting which is so cool. Of course, we can never go wrong with books in our lives, right? Happy New Year and wishing you all the best! Hugs...

      Delete
  9. Ro, thank you for the props and you are welcome. I am glad that you are a friend and I am happy to help anytime I can or you need.

    I am believing that this year is an incredibly awesome year for year and one that will carry hope, satisfaction, contentment and all your desires fulfilled.

    Love you girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm rich and famous, we're going on a trip to the beach of your choice. Don't worry, I'll have a book so you can tan in peace without me talking your ear off! Love you back and Happy New Year! Hugs...

      Delete
  10. Happy holidays, Ro! You always have such interesting posts and thoughts and I LOVE seeing you around the blogosphere. Here's to a wonderful and successful New Year! :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love the things you share on your blog, Alyssa and it's always fun to connect with you. I'm wishing you the best New Year ever! BIG Hugs...RO

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...