Sunday, May 28, 2017

DO YOU STILL NEED A LICENSE TO GET MARRIED & SOME OTHER STUFF

I wrote this back in 2016, and since we're in the wedding season, thought I'd repost here.

There is a lot of history tied to wedding licenses - some good and some not so good, but the law requires a couple getting married to have one even if it's a hassle  In the state of North Carolina, 18 is the legal age to get married, and those under 18 require the consent of their parents. If one person wants to sign the license and the other half of the couple is busy and wants to come to the courthouse later, that is not possible. The two must apply for, and sign the application together. Mandatory forms of documentation to prove identity would be a driver’s license and SS Card, and the fee is $60.00.
If you get cold feet and want to hold on to that piece of paper for a while, just know that there is an expiration date. The license expires after 60 days and the process would need to be repeated, along with paying that same fee again.

The rules differ from state to state, and a few examples are listed below, and I was surprised that more states don't need blood tests anymore.

District of Columbia (Washington DC)
1.   Blood Test Is Required
2.  A 3-Day Waiting Period is Required Between Applying For and Receiving the License
3.  Can Get Married Immediately
4.  License Does Not Expire

Montana
1.  Blood Test Is Required for Women
2.  No Waiting Period Between Applying For and Receiving the License
3.  Can Get Married Immediately
4.  License Expires in 180 Days

North Carolina
1.  No Blood Test is Required
2.  No Waiting Period Between Applying For and Receiving the License
3.  Can Get Married Immediately
4.  License Expires in 60 Days

New York
1.  A Sickle Cell Test is Required for African-American and Hispanic Applicants
2.  No Waiting Period Between Applying For and Receiving the License
3.  Can Get Married 24 Hours After Receiving the License
4.  License Expires in 60 Days

NOLA.COM


CHER'S THE BOSS
Did you see Cher on the Billboard Music Awards?  If not, you missed a huge treat.  Born in 1946, she still looks almost the same as she did during her variety show years ago.  She is so phenomenal, that she can brag about being the only entertainer to have hit number one on the Billboard Charts in each of the past 6 decades!  Wow! 


One of her best friends, who is definitely no longer on the "D" List, is one of the funniest ladies on the planet - Kathy Griffin. 

FREEBIES
If you're hooked on freebies, a good place to find some really neat stuff is from Craigslist. Many years ago, a lady who lived up the street from me posted an ad giving away a 7ft tall Teddy Bear.  It was so big that it barely fit in the back seat of the car. Normally, something like that would cost well over $100.00, but I snagged it for FREE.

PICTURES
Do you like to take pictures and do it well?  You can get paid by selling your work by downloading Foap and Pixender for free as an app on your phone.  These companies are looking for unique, candid, natural or thought provoking photographs that happen at parties, weddings, school /family events, animals or everyday life while it happens.  They don't want those posed pictures that we see in magazines or portraits.  How much can you earn for doing almost nothing?  The rates start at $5, and can go as high as $100 per pic!



Dudevon G
HOTEL YOU GOTTA TRY
If you ever make your way to Denver and want to try something entirely new, book your room at The Crawford Hotel in the Denver Union Station, which is rated by US News as one of the best hotels in 2017.  Then take just a few steps to the Cooper Lounge where you can bask in the luxury of marble, silver trays, plush seating and plenty of crystal that resides in Union Station.  This cocktail lounge is so exclusive and pricey that Yelp gives it 4.5 stars out of 5.


Donald M.


Jennifer B

Tracy B

Amanda H.
The room rates for this glamorous hotel start at $429 per night up to the Graduation Package that includes Dom Perignon,  to $799. This is the perfect example of getting what you pay for because you'll truly be pampered.  Check out these amazing pics.







MOVIE NEWS
There's still nothing wrong with hanging out at the movies solo, in addition to doing the Date Night thing.  You save money, and don't have to worry about being pawed.When I was a kid, I went to the movies alone all the time, because guys just wanted to try to sneak in kisses right in the middle of the good parts! (lol)

Anywho, if you can't get enough of Tom Cruise, he'll star in The Mummy on June 9 next month, and I'm doing the happy dance because Mission Impossible #6 releases in July 2018.  I watched the old Mission Impossible series with Peter Graves from way back in the day, as well as all the modern ones with Tom Cruise.



Other spy movies being released this summer are Atomic Blonde and Villa Capri. 





16 comments:

  1. The variation in the marriage license requirements hit me years ago b/c my state had tight requirements and his did not. California required blood tests on both parties and Michigan did not and we were marrying in CA. Needless to say, there was a bit of a scramble until the county clerk told us just to pay the extra for the confidential license. I thought it an odd thing that if we paid extra for the confidential license then him getting the blood test was waived.

    Oh Cher! She's like the Dick Clark of the female entertainers with that age defying stuff.

    Happy Memorial Day, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's an interesting bit of trivia, Sophia, and surprising. I'll bet a lot of people don't know that can happen. Cher is pretty dang amazing, and some of the conversations she has with Kathy Griffin actually have me laughing out loud. Happy Tuesday! Hugs...

      Delete
  2. YOu're always a fount of information, Ro! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, I absolutely adore you! (lol) Hope your week is going well! Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Cher looks great -- the only part of her that seems to have changed is her hair. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is pretty amazing, and I love her quirky sense of humor. Hugs...

      Delete
  4. Getting a marriage certificate is not the best part of planning a marriage ceremony...even as far back as 46 years ago!
    Cher is a fantastic, talented and beautiful woman! I am still a big fan!

    Hugs 💝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? The license and fees involved can be a pain for sure. I adore Cher, as well! Happy Tuesday...RO

      Delete
  5. I did know about not need a blood test in most states to get married. My brother has been married a few times and we live in Las Vegas the marriage capitol of the world. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine some of the stories that go on in Las Vegas, Mary, based on what I see on television. You could probably write a book on it. Hugs...

      Delete
  6. That's kinda silly they expire but I guess the gov wants to squeeze out what money they can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on that one, for sure. Doesn't pay to get cold feet. (lol)

      Delete
  7. I always find it interesting to hear how some of those laws differ from stats to stats. I am not sure how the rules surrounding a marriage license work here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Lola,and hope all is well. It is interesting how laws are different. I think it's also neat to look at the laws that are still on the books that are crazy, like not letting an elephant into a restaurant on a Sunday, or something weird like that. (lol) Hugs...

      Delete
  8. My life is full of happiness because Prophet Abulele make me to be happy. My Name is AGUSTINA ALEX, What happened to me is not what I can keep only to myself but to also tell the world so that those that have any problem with their relationship or marriage will get their love ones back and been happy once again. I and my lover had some serious issues which leads to our break up, since after then my life has never been the same, I tried all method to get him back. but they were just waste of effort and waste of time. But one day during my search on the internet, I came across someone testimony about Prophet Abulele. I contact him and explain my problem to him am still very much surprise till now how he was able to bring back my lover within 48 hours. With this great thing that happened in my life I decided to tell the whole world about this great man called Prophet Abulele. For those in need of anything he told me that in his temple there is nothing impossible. I believe him so much. Friends or to anyone reading my testimony, if you need help to bring back your ex-lover/Ex-husband or you want to have your baby please kindly contact him via email; prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com and WhatsApp number +2349022406159. And I promise you that your lover will definitely come back to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. My wife was putting up some attitude and acting strange,and we have been married for eight years,I explained my problems to my friend and he recommended brillianthackers800@gmail.com,I sent him a mail explaining my situation to him and he helped me hack into her phone,He sent me a WhatsApp conversation between my wife and her concubine which she told him everything about me and our marriage and he also recorded a call conversation between she and her concubine talking about how they were going to kill me and take my money and properties,I took this to court and I won the case,they were locked up in prison all thanks to this hacker who saved my life through his hacking experience,every dollar I spent on this job was worth it,message him and he will help you with your problems.
    +1(224)2140835-WHATSAPP

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...