Saturday, May 13, 2017

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN A 3rd WHEEL? /A FEW DEALS...

In the coupledom world, most people consider that odd person who hangs around as the unwanted 3rd wheel who can't get a date, but that's not always the case.

When I was young, I had a boss who was also a friend, and even though she was married, whenever they needed to take a quick day trip from Baltimore to New York to visit her daughter, I got the call.  It was always an adventure because her hubby drove like a madman. (lol)  I don't know how in the world he never got a speeding ticket.

Another couple I had  tons of fun with were *James and *Mark who scooped me up for trips to Washington DC and Rehoboth Beach, DE all the time. Back in the day, we club hopped until the wee hours of the morning, then often dragged ourselves to all these really cool restaurants.  My outfits consisted of mini skirts and red or black high heeled shoes with bows.  According to James those were my "hooker" outfits. (lol)  
Once I visited Rehoboth Beach on a Friday, and started feeling very sick.  So sick that I turned down a Wendy's cheeseburger because my throat was killing me.  By the time we arrived at James' house, I had itchy spots all over my face.  Can you believe that I had the chicken pox?! What in the world?  I thought adults didn't get that, particularly if you got them as a kid.  Needless to say, Mark didn't come over that weekend. *heh*   Despite feeling and looking horrible, James was the best friend ever.  He made me laugh so much and tried to feed me, but eventually, I started feeling too bad and had to leave.


I've never been in a situation where it's been uncomfortable, unless you count the times I was with my son and one of his girlfriends.

Today, there's no clubbing going on, and the high heels with bows were borrowed and never returned, but I'm still the person who gets an invite for quick trips. I think it's mostly because I'm the designated talker to keep them awake while they drive.  
*James and Mark are not their real names, but the real people know about this post. (lol)


EARN SOME EXTRA CASH WITH YOUR PHONE
It seems as if everything we do these days is associated with a phone, but they're clearly not just for talking anymore.


Rewardable 

An App with a 4.4 Google Play rating that allows to you to earn money for answering trivia questions, completing tasks that range from 5-15 minutes, surveys, and watching videos.

SAVE MONEY AT YOUR FAVE SUPERMARKETS

I Heart the Mart

I'll bet you didn't know that a site has been set up by bloggers that tells you about all the magnificent deals Walmart has, including things in the store that are less than $1.  Even better, they talk about price matching, random acts of kindness and coupon bargains, so you can save money with minimal effort!  If you shop at Walmart, this site is a real treat.

Wow!  Are you a Target Shopper?  Kerri must really love all things Target because she's done all the research on how you can find savings and/or freebies.  Take a peek on the side of her blog and you can also find out how to get deals at Publix. 



SPARKLING PEACH MELBA COCKTAIL
Divide 1 Container Fresh Raspberries among  champagne flutes.  Combine 1 1/2 Cups Mango, Blood Orange and PassionFruit infused vodka, and 1 cup Peach Nectar. Divide among the flutes.Top with the Sparkling Wine of your choice.  
Garnish with lemon or lime slices and additional raspberries if you like.  If you want your drinks a little sweeter, roll your lemon slices in sugar.


"Sure, a door has been closed, but who says you can't repaint it, and call it a new door?" - RO

28 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever been a third wheel but the way you describe it sounds fun! Now I'm wanting high heels with bows on them! Well that and one of those Sparkling Peach Melba Cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you some really crazy stories from when I was a lot younger. lol

      Delete
  2. I've never been in that type of situation. I didn't date much in high school and mot of my friends back when I was in my 20's were all single.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds out like that worked perfectly back in the day, huh? Hope your day was great, Mary! Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Can't say I've been a third wheel ...
    Wouldn't mind trying one of those Sparkling Peach Melba Cocktails!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This recipe does look pretty good, right? Hugs...

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the cocktail recipe. It contains two of my favorite fruits, raspberries and mango!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always up for a yummy cocktail when I can find one. Like you, I'm hooked on the tangy flavors of raspberries and mango. Hope your day was wonderful! Hugs...

      Delete
  5. When I was in college, my roommate had a very serious boyfriend. They ended up getting married and moving off campus junior year, but until then, I was very frequently a third wheel with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met a couple like that when I worked at a college for a few months. The literally did everything together, but I never saw them with anyone else. That's cool that you loved hanging out with them and they were cool with it. Wonder if they're still a couple. Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  6. I've never felt like a third wheel because like you they invited me and not me inviting myself along. But once, I remember a roommate trying to make me feel like a third wheel which was comical because I was the one trying to get away from the other two and her date was not having it- he kept doing the Colombo 'just one more thing'...

    Oh neat, you find the coolest stuff like the Walmart and Target deal helper sites.

    Happy Mom's Day, Ro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously hooked on finding deals because it gives me a rush. Your friend's boyfriend sounds like a fun guy. I'll bet that was an interesting night. lol Hugs and hope your day was fab!

      Delete
  7. Blessings...
    I think feeling like a third wheel depends on who you are with. If you have a friend that is always ensuring that you are not left out then you won't be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. If you're made to feel comfy, I think it would always be a fun experience. Hugs...and glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  8. Well that definitely sounds like a fun way to third wheel it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the things that have happened when I was younger would have you laughing or blushing like crazy. Hugs...

      Delete
  9. Happy that your third wheel experiences were so adventurous. I can't remember ever being a third wheel but then I don't remember a whole lot of things anymore :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You're right Jan. Most things have slipped my entirely these days. Hugs...

      Delete
  10. Adult chicken pox. Yikes. That does not sound fun.

    I don't mind being a third wheel. Doesn't happen often, though. If I'm out of the house I'm either with my wife or my co-author. I always travel in pairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty interesting that you never have threesomes (lol), or at least rarely. Thanks for stopping by! Hugs...

      Delete
  11. I hate being the third wheel in certain situations. I've learned to avoid being put in one because it can be awkward and can even incite envy at times. Like for example, NYE, the ball drops, everyone is kissing someone except for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got a really good point, Braine, because it could be a reason for the Mean Girl mentality to come peeking through. That would totally be the pits. As beautiful as you are, with your witty humor, I predict you'll be married within the next three years. You'll be kissing someone the night of 2020! Hugs...

      Delete
  12. I totally feel your chicken pox pain and know exactly what you went you through. I was in my early twenties when I came down with them and it was the most miserable two months of my life.

    Simply Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you're the only person I've ever known who had this happen as an adult. Wow! Someone who gets my pain! (lol) I didn't think the discomfort would ever end. Glad we're all healed now. Hugs...

      Delete
  13. Oh my gosh, I'll be right over if you're serving up those Peach Melba Cocktails. And I want a pair of those hooker shoes:) I love bows on shoes. And that third wheel booth is a hoot.
    As always, Ro, this was a fun post.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously into fruits these days, but I should be eating more veggies. If I can sneak in a peach or a strawberry, I'm all in. (lol) I have a quirky personality that was much worse when I younger, so thankfully I had friends who laughed with me and not at me. Let's get a pair of bow shoes and hang out! *heh* Hugs...

      Delete
  14. My name is DOROTHY LISA, I want to share a great testimony on this website on how great a man called Prophet Abulele helped me in getting pregnant, me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for over 12 years, but they were no luck so we decided to contact the family doctor and after all the test have been done, he said to us that my Fallopian tube is not functioning. then one day I was in the office when a friend of mine who had the same problem with me, got her baby after she contacted Prophet Abulele. she directed me to him and when I contacted him through his email: prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com and he prayed for me and sent me an herbal medicine, which I took for few days and in 3 weeks’ time, as he told me, i was feeling somehow and I went to meet the family doctor who told me that I am pregnant. if you know that you have a similar problem like this, or any fertility issue and you want to be pregnant you can contact Prophet Abulele: prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com OR WhatsApp him on +2349022406159

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...