Wednesday, May 17, 2017

THE RASPBERRY/BLUEBERRY "MOCKTAIL"

I posted this cool recipe as an example of a creative suggestion for a child's party back in 2016, and it worked out pretty well.

If you plan your own parties or get-togethers, the sky's the limit to what you can come up with.  A Movie Star Sleepover, an Indoor Beach Party, a Sleeping Beauty or Mad Hatter Tea Party are just a few ideas that come to mind.


Even better are some of the really entertaining recipes that kids will be sure to enjoy and talk about for days. Use a regular ice tray, or go wild with unusual shapes to make this drink even more unique.  You can also feel free to add strawberries instead of raspberries, and use plastic colorful cups or wine glasses to match your theme.

This particular "mocktail" is tasty, interesting and very simple to make.  Here are the details.

INGREDIENTS

4 Blueberries
4 Raspberries
4 Small Mint Leaves
1 2/3 Cups Sweetened Cranberry Juice, chilled
3/4 Cup of Lemon-Lime Soda like Sprite or 7-Up, chilled

DIRECTIONS
Half-fill 12 holes in an ice cube tray of your choice with water, and put a blueberry, raspberry or a mint leaf in each one.  Freeze for 3-4 hours until solid, then fill completely with water, and freeze overnight.

Mix the chilled juice and soda together in a large pitcher, and pour into glasses.  Drop in your festive ice cubes right before serving and you're all set!  Enjoy!
Of course, if you're an adult, you can always spike things up a little with vodka, gin champagne or wine, and guests will love it!

"In prosperity, it is easy to find a friend; in adversity, nothing is so difficult" Epictetus

26 comments:

  1. Yum and those are great ideas for a big girl get together, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, Sophia! I think this would really work well. Hugs...

      Delete
  2. That sounds delicious. Yes, a little flavored vodka would spice things up a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with spicing things up a little for a grown-up party! Hugs...

      Delete
  3. I want those cups and saucers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they so amazing? Would love to have them in my kitchen! Hugs...

      Delete
  4. Awesome! Just in time for "cook out" season!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never really thought about a cook-out, but that would work really well. Thanks for the idea! Hugs...

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love this! I don't drink alcohol, so I'm a-okay with a fun mocktail!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These ideas make everything sound fun, Lauren and would work well without alcohol for sure. Hugs...

      Delete
  6. Oh these are so pretty! I love a good cocktail but a mocktail can be just as fun and is more versatile. I love the freezing the berries. What a pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that super clever and cool looking? This just sounds like such a fun a idea! Hugs...

      Delete
  7. Sounds yummy! I love frozen blueberries and cranberry juice too. This would make for an awesome mocktail. And spicing up is always good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the heat that goes along with it Greg, but the summer months bring about plenty of great fruits for so many recipes. Hugs...

      Delete
  8. That sounds great. I love frozen drinks, especially in the summer time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frozen drinks are fun, and all the neat recipes that include fruit is really awesome! Hugs...

      Delete
  9. It may be my computer but some of your images didn't show properly ...

    I love blueberries and raspberries two of my favourite fruits and in the summertime, I enjoy them.
    Here's to a good summer - but guess what - it's been raining here in my part of the UK today!!! UGH!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I've been trying to change my eating habits, I've been binging on both and loving it! I checked on another pad, and the pics look okay, but thanks for letting me know. I'll ask some others if they're seeing the same problems. Hugs...

      Delete
  10. Hehe..I was thinking add a little wine or vodka and bam! Then saw your comment at the end *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post RO!!! Makes me want to have a party...or just eat! Yummmmm 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any reason I can think of to eat, and I'm all in too Jan! Happy Saturday...

      Delete
  12. My name is DOROTHY LISA, I want to share a great testimony on this website on how great a man called Prophet Abulele helped me in getting pregnant, me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for over 12 years, but they were no luck so we decided to contact the family doctor and after all the test have been done, he said to us that my Fallopian tube is not functioning. then one day I was in the office when a friend of mine who had the same problem with me, got her baby after she contacted Prophet Abulele. she directed me to him and when I contacted him through his email: prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com and he prayed for me and sent me an herbal medicine, which I took for few days and in 3 weeks’ time, as he told me, i was feeling somehow and I went to meet the family doctor who told me that I am pregnant. if you know that you have a similar problem like this, or any fertility issue and you want to be pregnant you can contact Prophet Abulele: prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com OR WhatsApp him on +2349022406159

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...