|Photo: Ian Bagwell, Prop Styling: Mindy Shapiro Levine, Food Styling:Torie Cox|
PEACH ICEBOX CAKE
1. Beat cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
2. Beat mascarpone cheese and yogurt in a separate bowl on medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped cream mixture and set aside.
3. Gently rub peaches under the water to remove any fuzz. Cut into 1/8 in. thick slices (really?-lol) which should make about cups.
4. Spread a thin layer of cream mixture into the bottom of a trifle dish. Cover the cream with a single layer of graham crackers, breaking up some of them to fill in the gaps. Add a layer of peaches to completely cover the crackers. Keep repeating layers, ending the cream mixture. Cover and chill for 4-12 hours.
5. Top with any remaining broken cracker pieces, then garnish with mint, if you like. Serve cold.
I don't know why, but I'm fascinated by trivia, or facts that aren't well known, but most people could really care less. (lol) Still, I keep sharing. However, there is this guy who loves trivia even more than I do. He's so good at it, that he was even given a Nod & a Wink on February 9, 2017 by the very wonderful writer/blogger Sandra Cox at http://sandracox.blogspot.com. I have no clue how Sandra is able to write, live life, visit other blogs and keep everything together, but she gets it done. You go girl! Back to Adam. *heh*
In fact, that's what his blog is all about. Give Adam a visit if you want to find out how he rolls at Neko Random.
Do you obsess over designer duds, or want to earn some extra summer cash for stuff that's collecting dust in your attic or closet?
Visit https://www.therealreal.com/ and let your fingers do all the walking with name brands like Gucci, Hermes, Christian Louboutin and more. Get an Apple Sports Watch worth $1,099 for a steal at $775! Well ok!
Don't you just love Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory? I've seen it too many times to count, and it's still fun to see. Did you know that Peter Ostrum, the actor who portrayed Charlie, never acted in another movie. In fact, he ended up going to school to become a veterinarian! What did he do with his earnings from the movie? He purchased his 1st horse.
It takes about 21 pints of milk to make 1 pound of butter, so that's a lot of churning. Who produces the most butter? India claims the top spot.
I've seen every Bruce Lee movie, and collected a lot of his toys too. Sadly, he died in 1973 at just 32 years of age. Did you know that in 1958 he won the Hong Kong Cha Cha Championship?
How cool is that?
Leonardo di Caprio has earned over 5 billion dollars worldwide for his movies. But he turned down a movie role to portray Jack in Titanic, and there were 5 other famous actors who were considered. What movie was it? If you guessed Boogie Nights, you go to the head of the class. In fact, he recommended Mark Wahlberg for the role, and the rest is history. This film was loosely based on porn star John Holmes who had his own demons, but there were other real porn stars in the movie. Burt Reynolds hated the movie, and fired his agent for recommending it. Ironically, he won a Golden Globe for his role. The movie was also nominated for 3 Oscars.
If you're working and supposed to be off, today is your day!
If you're working and supposed to be relaxing, today is your day to show off in the office!