Tuesday, November 25, 2014

DOES THIS ABUSER LOOK FAMILIAR?

Society is most familiar with stories of physical assault because that's what has been depicted publicly, however, emotional and psychological abuse is also considered domestic violence.

This abuser is friendly, knowledgeable and the life of the party to everyone in the community, yet he or she comes home wreaking havoc on the victim with a vengeance.

This is the cheater who lies repeatedly, displaying no remorse, blaming you for everything under the sun, eventually making you doubt your own sanity.  This is the person whose disparaging comments has caused friends to change their opinion of your character. Your reputation and good standing have been ruined and life is not the same through no fault of your own.  All you want to do is wake up from the horrible nightmare.

You may feel alone, but there are people you can trust.  The National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233 is available 24 hours a day to offer guidance and support, or perhaps you can speak with a pastor.

YOU deserve to be content in life, so when you're ready and feel safe, take that first step, knowing that we support you.

Hugs...

2 comments:

  1. I'm 47 years old and my mother has done this to me all of my life. Domestic Violence doesn't always come from a spouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness, Sadie. I apologize for missing this post!! I'm so sorry to hear this, and you are so right! Abuse wherever it rears its ugly head, is wrong. I pray and hope that things are better for you now. Please reach out via e-mail, and I'l love to talk more. Hugs...and thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...