Saturday, March 21, 2015

CITRUS-MINT BABY CARROTS

This recipe is super simple to make, and you won't have to worry any unwanted extra calories.



INGREDIENTS
2 Tbs. Minced Onions
2 Tbs. Butter
1 Lb. Baby Carrots with the tops on, peeled
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Tsp Mint, or 2 Sprigs Fresh Mint, minced

DIRECTIONS
In a pan over medium heat, cook the onions in butter for about 2 minutes, or until tender, stirring. Add in the carrots, orange juice and broth; cover.  Cook 5 minutes, or until the carrots are tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove the carrots and set aside.

Add the mint to the pan.  Cook 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half, then return the carrots to the pan.  Cook about a minute, or until heated, stirring to coat.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.


You're ready to serve!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting o_o I want to try it but I dont know if I'm ready for my carrots to be minty. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I hear you Lanie. Some of these recipes sound so unusual, and they've scared me, but once I leap out there in faith, I'm so surprised at all the yumminess. Hugs...

      Delete
  2. I wonder if I could get kids to think they're a sweet treat....Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela: That's a really good idea! I wasn't a fan of carrots as a kid and have only started to add them to my diet, so I'm on board with you 100%. Also, when you have time, can you please send me your Blog link? I had it and don't know what I did with it. Sorry! Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...