Monday, March 16, 2015

TV HUNKS WHO SHOULD BE IN A ROMANCE NOVEL

As romance novel readers, we have our favorite genres - historical, contemporary or paranormal.  Those are then split up into sub-genres that include inspirational, military, billionaires, NA, multicultural, suspense, sports, erotic, etc. The list in the world of romance is endless.  Despite that lengthy list, they all have one thing in common.  Yep - it's the hero we want to meet, or fall madly in love with time and time again. Every once in a while, there's a match made in heaven in a movie or on television who just needs to be immortalized on our bookshelves.
My two favorites - Dr. Henry McCord, former captain in the US Marines, now serving as a Theology Professor at Georgetown University in Washington DC, who just happens to be married to the Secretary of State in Madame Secretary on CBS.  This handsome hunk is played by Tim Daly, and every time he smiles, speaks or even walks into a room, my knees get weak.  This perfect hubby oozes charm, sexiness, wit and intelligence and he's a fantastic father. Henry is strong when he needs to be and sensitive without being wimpy. Ah...be still my fluttering heart.
Andre Johnson, the ad man played Anthony Anderson is married to an emergency room physician and is totally committed to his family in Blackish on ABC.  "Dre" is a man's man used to the old school way of life, and while successful, doesn't mind telling his kids to get with the program.  Not necessarily handsome in the traditional manner, there's still something wonderful about this tough teddy bear and his outrageous sense of humor that screams romance novel.  Cuddling up with Andre after dinner and a hard day at work just makes me smile.
What about you?  Who are your Hollywood heroes who should be in print?





10 comments:

  1. Hmm, this is an interesting question and I love what your choices say about you. I like what were your prerequisites for good hero. Unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank b/c I don't watch much TV let alone movies so Hollywood heroes? I've got nothing. ;) How about sports? I love watching my favorite baseball team and just from what I can tell my favorites Buster Posey and Matt Cain sound good on and off the field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do watch sports on occasion, but usually during football season or track when the Olympics are on. I love the way they look in their uniforms (lol) My dad was a total baseball fan, and would sit glued for hours watching his teams play, or at the stadium in Baltimore. However, sports hunks sounds like a great idea for a new blog topic, huh? (lol)

      Delete
  2. Oh fun. I haven' t seen either of those. Not having cable totally puts a damper on tv watching. lol I'd love to see Gibbs from NCIS. He's just so yummy. Would be a great hero in a book I think :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...Gibbs is a true hearthrob for sure and love his power and sense of humor. Totally agree on his yumminess, and he would fit in a book very nicely. Hugs...

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched these show yet, but I do like Klaus from The Originals..he is the ultimate wounded bad boy I want to tame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We all dream of taming a bad boy and that's what makes reading romance stories so fun! Long live romance and bad boys! Hugs...

      Delete
  4. Jamie Reagan (Will Estes) from "Blue Bloods."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I've been watching all the episodes from this year and he does seem like a neat guy who has compassion. I'm also crushing over Donnie Wahlburg with his tough guy swagger, but underneath is on fire for his wife. Hugs...

      Delete
  5. I don't really watch TV buuuuuut... I think that actor Luke Evans is like my ultimate image of hero. He always plays that sexy, mysterious part. Just Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lanie! Sexy is always good! Big Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...