Thursday, March 5, 2015

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T READ NOVELS?!

A friend of mine owns a consignment store and decided to either donate to charity or trash a heavy volume of books, but before doing so, I was free to check them out. Yippeee!  Talk about being in the right place at the right time! I've known her since 2004, yet when she haphazardly mentioned that she didn't read, I gasped loudly believing an alien had actually replaced her body, and that something was wrong with her. Seriously! (lol)

She admits to not reading in school unless she had to, nor did she care about the latest release, like I do.  Many are amazed that three (3) books travel with me, because any time I'm alone, or there's a lull in a conversation, is the perfect chance to read a chapter or finish a book.  Some may think I'm weird, but most people are used to this scenario.  

I can't imagine a world without books, or reading.  On the opposite side of the spectrum, blogger friends are reading all the time and they are sharing the news via reviews, or on Social Media, and I love that.  In fact, many have TBR piles in the hundreds!

So checking out the blogosphere provides plenty of opportunities to learn about new authors and titles, or simply listening to other opinions.  Call us what you will - book nerds, bookworms. bookaholics or whatever is out there these days. We live for those books and life without them would never be the same.

Meanwhile,  I managed to snag books from Christine Feehan, J. R. Ward, Sierra Cartwright, Lori Foster, Nora Roberts, Richard Kincaid, various cookbooks , and a few more.  All FREE.  Not a bad day!


9 comments:

  1. How did she end up with all those books is she didn't read? That's a great score on your part though.

    In my experience, my friends who don't read lacks "skill". Like they can't stay awake Lon enough to finish at least a chapter a day. I'm glad I don't have that problem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Talk Supe: I think a lot of people donated them to her, and the pile just kept growing, and growing, and growing! (lol) Sounds like you're right on track with your reading, so kudos to you. Great to know I have a kindred spirit. Hugs...

      Delete
  2. Q: Why should you love our exploded plethora of produce which’ll plant the seed for YOU to grow to great heights??
    PROCEED AT THY OWN RISK:

    A: Greetings, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxins, cogently-ironic-metaphors, guhroovaliciousnessly-delicious-endorphin-rush, pleasure-beyond-measure, UltraIdyllic, FirepowerAddiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-some-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES …with eXtra eXciting eXtroverts doing the most vivid, brazen optimism: flawless as pearls, baby, from the Toyster Upstairs!!! Gain altitude, not attitude, and take front-row-seats, folks. Meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

    PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
    -Our Lord to Saint Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not read? That is almost as scary as a world without coffee Ro! So happy you were able to find some books. Enjoy your weekend my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that one Kim! (lol) Hope your weekend has been fab, as well. Hugs... and of course I'll be checking out your Sunday news.

      Delete
  4. That's totally awesome you scored! Way to go girly. First off, can't believe she was gonna throw them away, but I'm not surprised. I know even those half price/used bookstores will throw away brand new books without a second glance.

    Lol. That's too funny you actually gasped at her. If it makes you feel any better the other day I had an appointment so when I was waiting I cracked open my book and started reading. Im not use to reading in public so when the hero ticked me off I shook my first at the book and started shaking my head. Everyone thought I was nuts cept for this lil old lady that was reading Fifty Shades. She totally got it and gave me the head nod. We bookies gotta stick together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kudos Lanie for meeting a kindred spirit, and the fact that she was reading 50 Shades is totally fun! Glad you had a chance to finish some stuff while you were waiting. Bookies unite!!!! Hugs...

      Delete
  5. Hey there. I can assure that no alien took over my body. Haha that's too funny. Thanks for helping take some books off my hands. I didn't end up throwing them away but put a tote by the front door with a Free sign on it. We are open Mon - Fri 10-6 if you want to come by and score also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, there are still tons of FREE books left including Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts, Sidney Sheldon and more for those who want to stop by. Glad to see the alien has left the building. (lol) Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...