Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR & Resolutions

Every year we make resolutions or set goals to do something different, and it starts out well.  But after a month or so, we lose our drive, sometimes going right back to the thing we so desperately wished to change.

Typically mine has been to lose weight, but this year I'm staying on the path of kindness, doing for others and remaining thankful.  Oh, and I plan to check out lots of Blogs. All things I'm supposed to be able to do easily.  Let's be honest, I'm no real fan of exercise and my cheeseburgers are hard to give up. (lol)

Through my journey in 2014, I met some amazing people:  Tawania, Anna, Sophia, Sharonda, Red and Kimberly - all  Bloggers who have the same interests in books, humor, television, topics or recipes. People that we wish we could meet all the time in person.  Many of the things they shared via their Blogs were phenomenal, thought-provoking and laugh out loud funny. Some are so busy, that I have no idea how in the world they manage to stay connected with so many people, and with such good will. They have no idea how much their support via Social Media has meant to me, so I'm giving them HUGE Hugs of gratitude.  Their success keeps me humble.

The authors I've been able to connect with have been kind enough to grant interviews and share parts of their lives with us via Facebook, Tsu, Twitter or Instagram. In some instances Social Media can be a double edged sword, but every author I've met is strong-willed talented, funny  and caring, allowing us glimpses into their lives to remind us they are humans who just happen to be writers. We get to experience vacations, births, marriages and other activities on a daily basis, which is fun. Two (Richard and Catherine) lost their partners of many beloved years and I cried with them, praying that each day will get easier as they cope with the emptiness and pain.

After not being in contact for over 20 years, it was totally fabulous to meet up with a high school friend who hated French Fries and was a phenomenal artist.  Art was an elective we HAD to take so most of the people in the class had zero artistic ability, and I was one of them.  To this day, I have no clue how I even passed that class.  Eva, on the other hand could look at anything and draw it perfectly within minutes, while we scratched our head in wonder.  Her sister was just as amazing.  I appreciate her coming over to visit once in a while with comments and laughter to let me know she's still doing ok.

Raymond and Bill have been my friends for over 25 years, laughing at and with me, giving it to me straight, and never trying to be anything other than friends. Some of the crazy things we did as kids would have you laughing with glee. I only hate that they never got that no matter wherever we went 2-3 books had to travel along for the ride.  We were the kids who played practical jokes at work, were experts on adult movies, ordered pizza to be delivered to someone else's house before the age of caller ID, travelled from state to state to club hop or hang out with radio personalities. Ironically, I'm not sure that they even like each other, but they sure do love me like a sister and that's what's so cool!

Rhonda has also been a friend for over 20+ years, and even though we may not speak for months, we manage to catch up like it was yesterday once we get together.  With her quirky sense of humor I love hearing her tell stories about like in general and she's a great chef.  She knows I hate to have my picture taken and will literally take a ton of them , then crop and crop until we find just one that can shared with the masses.  Not many friends are willing to have that kind of patience.

Kelly and Bill - wow!  Had it not been for them this past whirlwind year, I don't know where I would be right now, but their love was steady and unconditional, despite my weirdness. (lol)

My parents are deceased and my brother lives in another state, so we don't get to spend as much time together as we'd like to, but he's always been my rock when I needed it. Finally, my son will be 30 in a few days.  I remember when I was 17, we thought anyone over 25 was "old", but clearly that's not the case.  My son, who shall remain nameless to stop him from blowing up my phone with texts, (lol) has a wonderful life with a family of his own, and in spite of me and my many issues, has turned out well.

I don't know what will happen in 2015, I just hope it will be filled with wonder and laughter.  I wish you and your families lots of joy and the desires of your heart as you head into a new year.

Hugs...





2 comments:

  1. Aw Ro! What a wonderful way to start the year. Lovely post. <3 I hope the year brings you some delightful and amazing things. I'm so glad to have met you via blogging. It's such a neat thing to be able to connect with people all over the world with them, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, I appreciate your visits, support and comments. It is neat to connect with everyone around the world. What's even more fun is meeting someone who almost literally lives next door. (lol) Well...okay - 35 minutes away. Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...