This fantastic recipe makes 12 servings.
· 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut in 1" slices
· 1 egg
· 1 cup milk
· 1 cup half-and-half cream
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 3/4 cup butter
· 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
· 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes, then serve and impress your friends!