Tuesday, January 27, 2015

TRY IT TUESDAY - CRUNCHY MONKEY BARS

         TRY IT TUESDAY




CRUNCHY MONKEY BARS

I'm the world's worst baker, and something always goes wrong when I try to make a dessert. I decided to give this yummy delight a try and actually didn't screw it up. Yay! If you like peanut butter and chocolate, this is a super simple recipe.

1 Roll Pillsbury Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
1 Roll Pillsbury Refrigerated Peanut Butter Cookies
1 Cup Mashed Peeled Bananas - about 2 bananas
1 Cup Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
1 Cup Crushed Dried Banana Chips or Substitute your favorite nuts

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, then coat your pan with cooking spray.  Let the cookie dough stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes or so to soften.  In a large bowl, break up both rolls of cookie dough, then mix with a wooden spoon or knead with your hands.  With the spoon, stir in the mashed bananas, mixing well, then spread in the pan.

Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the top is golden brown, and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven, then immediately spoon chocolate hazelnut spread over the top.  Let it stand for 20 seconds to soften, then spread evenly over the crust.  Top with the banana chips or nuts and cool for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.  Yummy!


8 comments:

  1. Monkey Bars look delicious! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Angela! I'm telling the truth, when I'm baking in the kitchen it normally turns into a disaster, but these turned out perfect and tasted so good! Thanks for stopping by and BIG Hugs...

      Delete
  2. Sounds amazing! Cant go wrong with bananas and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Lanie! I used nuts as the crunch factor instead of the dried bananas and tasted totally great. Anything chocolate will hook me every time! Thanks for visiting! Hugs...

      Delete
    2. Hi Ro:)! Oooh, that does sound good instead of the dried bananas! Do you think it would be okay if I left off the hazel spread?

      Delete
  3. Absolutely Lanie! Feel free to make those substitutions so it will have that special yummy factor for you! Let us know how it works out, because curious minds just need to know. Hugs and Fun Friday to you! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so good Ro! And now I'm gonna go raid the fridge for some keylime pie. lol Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Anna! Can't believe I missed that yummy key lime pie! (lol) I must admit these bars turned out so well. I'm still in shock that I didn't screw them up the way I normally do when baking. (lol) Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...