Monday, April 13, 2015

CREAMY AVOCADO DRESSING

Even though I'll never give up cheeseburgers, I've been incorporating a lot more salads into my diet lately.  This yummy recipe is so simple to prepare, and only takes about 5-10 minutes of your time. Even better, there's not a lot of complicated or expensive ingredients to buy.  Yay!


INGREDIENTS
1 Ripe Avocado, Pitted and Peeled
1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
2 Scallions, trimmed and chopped 
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Cayenne Pepper or Pepper Flakes (Optional)

DIRECTIONS
Combine the avocado, yogurt, scallions and lime juice with 1/2 cup of water in a blender, then puree until smooth.  Add more water, if needed, by the tablespoon, to adjust as needed for thickness and consistency.

Season with salt and pepper.  If you like your food to have a kick, feel free to add pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.

This dressing may be stored in the fridge for no more than 3 days. Stir until smooth right before using.

8 comments:

  1. I will definitely try this! I love a good salad and anything with avocados in them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There! I think you'll really enjoy the taste of this one! Hugs...

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good! We love greek yogurt around here, but as life-long residents of Georgia, we haven't experimented much with avocado besides in dip. I'll have to give this a try one day. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been amazed at how good Greek yogurt is and how it works so well in many recipes. Everyone has been raving about the health benefits of the avocado, so I'm jumping on board. Hugs...

      Delete
  3. This sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great taste on salad. hugs...

      Delete
  4. Oh yums! I love avocado and just bought 4 of them today. Perfect timing! Do you think this would work with plain yogurt instead of greek?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I may have seen you in the supermarket, huh? (lo) I think the focus is on the tanginess, so any yogurt should work with the recipe. Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...