Friday, April 24, 2015

FREEBIE FUN

On April 21, the Dunn NC Food Lion closed its doors due to lack of revenue.  Everything practically flew off the shelves at an unheard of pace.  But what most people don't know is that when closing stores don't get rid of all the merchandise, they either give or throw away what's left.  Hello!

If you know me, I'll find a reason to write or mail a card any chance I get, so can you see me doing the Happy Dance when I managed to pick up over 500 greeting cards, gift card boxes, books, and picnic supplies for the whopping price of FREE!  The cashier had literally bagged up all those things (2) Lawn Size bags and was headed to the garbage can to throw all those goodies away!  She was thrilled to see me and didn't mind my HUGE Hug of thanks! (lol)

Taking a page from my friend Mary K. of Dark Thoughts who does a Freebie Friday and is super organized, I finally managed to take pictures of some of the other freebies I received this week.  Yay!

There really is such as thing as getting things for FREE if you take the time to look around the Internet, or have really neat friends.

Below are samples I received in the mail or Freebie hunting and include Truvia, new shoes, books, Olay Body Wash (smells awesome), Rachel Ray cookbook to add to my collection ($.25 at a yard sale), a few of the cards, a package of ground coffee, Muscle & Fitness Magazine, People, gift card boxes, dvd's, and scentsy fragrant wax warmers that will make your entire home smell like you've been baking all day.  

IGA in Coats was selling 6 tangerines in a pack for $ .68 and 4 baking potatoes in a pack for $. 02!
Then I headed to Harris Teeter and picked up Colgate Toothpaste for FREE because I had a few coupons.  Yay!







10 comments:

  1. You had a great freebie week! I had no idea that they would throw stuff away when a store closes their doors. Thanks so much for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you, Mary! I love knowing someone who's into loving books and freebie hunting. Totally fun! Hugs...

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's awesome! I never get the freebies I sign up for. I have no idea what happens to them actually. O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lanie if you use Freebie Shark like Mary suggested over on her site, or try Freebie Mania, you can find really good choices. That helps save time for those who don't have time to look for freebies. Also, those deals that just pop on your screen are duds, so stay away from those, for sure! (lol) Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Look at you go, Ro! Fiscally responsible wow gal! ;)

    I love it when my coupons combine with a sale to give me free or just cents for something. and I totally would have hugged the gal after getting two trash bags full of cards and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! (lol) Something about getting deals is almost like a mini addiction, but nowhere near as bad as my book addiction. Hugs and Happy Sunday! Ro

      Delete
  4. You did awesome Ro..I love finding steals and deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim: Isn't it fun to get deals? Love it!!!!! Happy Sunday, and hope you can get in a little relaxation. Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...