Saturday, April 25, 2015

DO YOU FOLLOW THE GROCERY STORE RULES?

The other day I was in the supermarket to pick up about 4 - 5 items, but you already know that I ended up needing a cart. (lol)

Anyhoo, many stores have lines for 10 items or less, cash only, etc.  So if you have a cart full of stuff or have no cash on hand these are the places most of us will steer clear of.

Needless to say, I was in a really long line, so I had time to people browse, which is totally fun, by the way.  One lady got in the 10 items or less aisle with merchandise that definitely exceeded the limit.  Uh oh... When she got to the cashier, this customer was politely reminded that the line was only for smaller purchases.  The worst thing I'm guilty of in any store is talking too much to strangers, so had that been me, I would have apologized, said I obviously needed new glasses and run with my cart to the closest register, finding new people to chat with.(lol)  This lady, unfortunately, who happened to have 2 kids with her, made a horrible scene.  She cursed the cashier out and told her she wasn't going to get in another line and refused to move.  The calmer the cashier remained, the louder this customer screamed, demanding to be served.  Her kids looked as if they wanted to floor to just swallow them up to get away from the entire nightmare.

Needless to say, the manager came over, and advised the customer that he would service her by opening another register, so she moved to another line, still grumbling.



Once she left the store, this customer was definitely the topic of various discussions.  Some were amused, a few were disgusted by her rant, and others simply shook their head.

I use coupons, but they have rules as to how they may be utilized, which are clearly posted, yet someone will almost always say or do something totally crazy if the lower price is not honored or the coupon can't be used.  Yikes!

But what about you? Have you ever seen this happen where you shop?  Do you ever comment?  Do you follow the rules?

8 comments:

  1. People like that drive me absolutely nuts. I remember back at Christmas time I had to run to the super Walmart, its like 2 am, just to pick up some things for my mom since she had just gotten outta the hospital. I literally had three items and these two jackasses cut me off. They were a couple with one cart EACH full of crap. They saw me holding a giant comforter and the other stuff and laughed about it. I seriously wanted to tell em off, but kept quite, so when their credit card was decline I totally snickered. Karmas a b*tch peeps.

    As for coupons, the local grocers won't even accept them or do returns so people usually lose it, which is understandable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness, Lanie. How totally rude, but karma came back quick, huh? (lol)

      Delete
  2. I've seen it happen several times and most times customers are loud and obnoxious about it when they are confronted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it. If the sign is clearly posted, it just doesn't make sense to me to get loud about it, but I suspect part of that is probably embarrassment. (lol) Hugs...

      Delete
  3. "The other day I was in the supermarket to pick up about 4 - 5 items, but you already know that I ended up needing a cart. (lol)" -- that usually happens to me at the Dollar Store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are very, very interesting on many, many, many levels. It always impresses me when a cashier and/or manager remains calm no matter what the customer is or is not doing. I have worked in retail in some capacity for 20 years, but someone will still amaze you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what makes life so interesting, and fun for me. In most instances, because I've been in the customer service industry for so long and trained reps on dealing with irate customers, I can find a polite comment, or a way to turn it into a joke. Like you, I give mad props to those in the service-related industry for remaining calm, because it can be rough. (lol) Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...