Sunday, April 26, 2015

STRESS-FREE SUNDAY & SUPER SALADS

STRESS-FREE SUNDAY & SUPER SALADS
 All week long we run around with kids, grand babies, shopping, writing, being ill, working at jobs we love or hate, cooking meals for the family,  attending meetings, travel for business, etc. Someone is always asking you to take care of something. So today is all about soothing your mind, remaining stress-free. and doing something special for YOU!


Last week was totally crazy and  I'm wiped out!  So today I'm finishing up a Robert Ludlum book, checking out a movie, soaking my feet, and preparing a very simple salad for dinner.  If you relax by checking out other blogs, be sure to visit http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ where Kim sponsors her weekly updates that are fun and informative.

Now on to the salads!

SPINACH, BACON & MUSHROOM SALAD
1 Large Bunch Fresh Spinach Leaves, washed, drained and torn
3/4 Cup Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
4 Slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled (or more if you prefer)
3/4 Cup Croutons
4 Hard-Boiled Eggs, finely chopped
Black Pepper & Salt to taste (Cayenne if you like)
3/4 Cup Ranch Dressing or Italian Dressing

In a medium salad bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and bacon, then toss.  Top with croutons and eggs, seasoning as needed, the pour dressing over everything.  Ready to serve.
PASTA TWISTS WITH GARDEN VEGGIES
8 Ounces Uncooked Macaroni
1 Cup Honey Dijon or Poppy Seed Dressing
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
1 Green and/or Red Pepper, chopped
1 Medium Cucumber, Sliced
1/2 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced

Cook the macaroni according to the package, then drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool.  

In a large salad bowl, combine the dressing, tomatoes, peppers cucumber and red onion, then toss with the macaroni, then cover and chill until ready to serve. Feel free to add seasoning as needed.

16 comments:

  1. I love anything with spinach, I'll have to give these a try;)! Hugs Ro, Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinach is definitely one of the best Super foods! Hugs...

      Delete
  2. Your salad looks delicious, Ro! Thanks for sharing!

    And you're right, we do spend a lot of time running around taking care of little and big things during the week. Being able to relax and take care of ourselves is definitely very important!

    Have a wonderful week ahead, happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Wacky Wednesday and sure hope you're having an awesome week! Hugs...

      Delete
  3. I love salad and all those ingredients look really good together. Ever since I found out I have diabetes I've been trying to eat a little healthier and more salad and less potato has been on the menu for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness, Mary didn't know about the diabetes and hope you'll be okay. It's great to put all kinds of neat things into a salad to make us healthier, huh? Hugs...

      Delete
  4. Those both sound yummy, making me hungry. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hungry right now thinking about lunch. (lol) Hope your week is going well, Stormi. Hugs...

      Delete
  5. Those both sound like good, simple salads to whip up. Thanks, Ro! De-stressing is soooo important. Hey and eating healthy keeps the guilt away too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Sometimes it just seems like too many dang things pile up. I still love my cheeseburgers, but it's good for me to throw in a salad or two. Hugs...

      Delete
  6. Oh these sound (and look) yummy! I wish my family's keen on healthy food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, it's just me and hubby, so if I fix it in most instances, he'll eat it, as long as it's not pork. But like I mentioned to Sophia, I have to have cheeseburgers no matter what, so throwing in a salad probably isn't a bad thing. (lol) Hugs...

      Delete
  7. Oh my god that bacon salad sounds so dang good. I'll have to try it one day. Stop making me hungry, I just had breakfast! lol

    Sarah @ One Curvy Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why in the world did you have to mention bacon? (lol) Totally love that on everything and makes me want to fix it for breakfast along with scrambled eggs. We'll get back to the salads for dinner. (lol) Hugs...

      Delete
  8. I don't think I'll for Sunday to try the Pasta Twist! I love anything with pasta!! Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pasta is yummy! Love all the different types out there to try. Hugs...

      Delete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...