2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans (Or whichever type nut you prefer)
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then in a bowl, combine crumbs, chocolate chips and pecans. Stir in milk until well blended (The batter will be stiff, so be prepared!). Spread into a greased square baking pan.
2. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack, then cut into bars. You're all set!
TOP PAYING JOBS FOR 2015
According to the Department of Labor, certain jobs earn hefty paychecks. Some you may expect, but here's the top 10.
10. - Pharmacists - $116,500
9. - Physicist - 117,040
8. - Law Professors 122,280
7. - Pilots/Air Traffic Controllers 118,050 - 129,600
6. - Attorneys 131,990
5. - Managers(Various) 123,000 - 136,540
4. - Petroleum Engineers 149,180
3. - Nurse Anesthetists 157,690
2. - Chief Executives 178,400
1. - Doctors, Surgeons 196,000 - 235,000
In the Spring, Parade will give a listing of annual earners for entertainers and everyday people. More info to come...
Many may be surprised to know that there are homeless people, or victims of domestic violence right in your neighborhood. These people don't have a place to live, survive from their cars, and wash up in gas stations, as they pound the pavement for jobs or a place to call home. Your neighbor is being verbally or physically harmed every day and her cries remain silent. If she has been able to escape, she's constantly looking over her shoulder, in fear.
As a book nerd, talking about novels and meeting other readers has been my passion, but I cannot never forget the plight of those less fortunate, who struggle on a daily basis to get their lives back. This is a blog about recipes, contests, freebies, interviews and books, but it also a reminder to not forget about those less fortunate, particularly during the holidays.