KNOCK YOU NAKED BROWNIES
1/3 Cup + 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk
1 Box German Chocolate Cake Mix
1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter, melted
1 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
60 Unwrapped Caramels
1/3 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar, Sifted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, then grease and flour a x inch baking pan
2. Into a bowl, port 1/3 cup evaporated milk with the cake mix.
3. Add the melted butter and chopped pecans, then mix together. The mix will be pretty thick.
4. Divide the dough in half down the middle and press it into the bottom of the pan to make the first brownie layer.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set, then remove it from the oven and set aside
6. While the brownie layer is baking in a double boiler (or a glass bowl set over a bowl of simmering water), combine the caramels and 1/2 cup evaporated milk.. Stir occasionally until the caramels are totally melted and the mixture is smooth.
7. Pour the caramel mixture over the first baked layer, spreading it so that it's evenly distributed, then sprinkle the chocolate chips all over the top.
8. Next, on a clean surface or a sheet of parchment paper, press the remaining brownie dough into a square shape slightly smaller than the baking pan. Carefully set it on top of the chocolate chips, and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the brownies cool to room temperature, then cover the pan and refrigerate for several hours, allowing them to set.
9. When ready to serve, sprinkle them with powdered sugar and cut into large rectangles before removing them from the pan.
I don't watch scary movies the way I did as a kid, but this is the time of year to get your binge on with plenty of classics. Here's a few secrets from behind the scenes.
Hocus Pocus - 1993 - was almost titled The Halloween House
The Craft, released in 1996, went through 600 girls, tested 90 women and struggled for 9 months before all 4 girls were cast.
The Blair Witch Project released in 1999 only cost $60,000 to film, however, it actually earned close to $287 million world-wide.
They saved money by wearing their own clothing, holes and all. In addition, the small handprints on the wall were placed there by the art director's nephews by using black paint.
If you're really into Halloween and want to experience the day in all its glory, take a trip to St. Helens, Oregon, which is also where Halloweentown from the Disney Channel was filmed in 18. They have haunted houses, parades, a monster fun run and a haunted hot rod rally for your scary enjoyment.
Have you ever been to a haunted house? I went to one in Baltimore when I was a kid, and one in Virginia Beach as an adult. Let me just say that both places pretty much scared me to death. One thing I hate is that once you go in and get started, you can't turn around to go back - and believe me I tried in both places.(lol)So then you end up trying your best to run through the place as quickly as possible and maintain your sanity. What's scary is the surprise of someone like a vampire appearing unexpectedly, or being touched with an unseen creepy finger on your ankle or neck. My throat was pretty much raw from screaming, so you already know I won't be going back.
ARE YOU A BOSS?
October 16 is Bosses Day which originated in 1958. If you're a boss, give yourself permission to take off today. If you have a boss, give him/her a cupcake or card of appreciation, then ask for the day off.
STRANGE PRACTICE by Vivian Shaw
A fan of vampire novels, I've never heard of a physician who specializes in treating the undead, so I was intrigued. But that's what Dr. Greta Helsing quietly does in her London neighborhood, until trouble comes. This sounded pretty fascinating, or so I thought.
This novel was hilariously reviewed by someone on Youtube, and while he bashes it to death, this guy does give some really solid reasons of why you should NOT read it ever. By the time he was done, I felt really sorry for that author. YIKES!
Taylor Winston, a veteran, grabbed a truck with the keys in it that had been left at the festival unattended, and miraculously managed to get 30 critically injured people to the hospital in the midst of all the chaos and danger in Las Vegas. Not once did he think about his own safety. To show gratitude for Taylor's bravery and kindness, BF Motors provided him with a brand new truck. Bravo!