1 cup butter, cubed 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 4 eggs 2 cups sugar 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup chopped walnuts FILLING: 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped 1/4 cup refrigerated Irish creme nondairy creamer 1 cup heavy whipping cream 15 mint Andes candies, chopped ICING: 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped 1 cup heavy whipping cream 2 tablespoons butter Mint Andes candies, halved, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and bittersweet chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour until blended. Stir in chips and walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate with creamer; stir until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes or until chilled.
- In another small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into white chocolate mixture. Beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Fold in chopped candies. Spread over brownies. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan, combine bittersweet chocolate and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth; remove from the heat. Stir in butter until melted. Cool to room temperature. Carefully spread over filling. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until icing is set. Cut into bars. Garnish with additional candies if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy with friends!
Recipe from: Taste of Home
You're killing me. I want to sample these right now. Love chocolate and mint together! Thanks for sharing, Ro!ReplyDelete
I know, right! (lol) Chocolate and peanut butter or chocolate and mint - definite faves! Hugs... p.s. - I just met a "Sofia Rose" the other day.Delete
Nom nom nom. Those look AMAZING! Once Lent is over...so need to make those :DReplyDelete
I know...countdown is almost over! Proud of you for resisting temptation. Hugs...Delete
Can't wait to try these! Thanks for the recipe!!ReplyDelete
Hey Angela: I promise you will love these!Delete
Oh my these look delicious :D But I don't do mint in my dessert :(ReplyDelete
Hey Sarah: I know, took me a little while, too to get used to that combination, but it's not for everyone. Are you a chocolate fan? So glad you stopped by to say hello. Hugs...Delete
Ooo nom Ro..I love mint and chocolate and yep..I needs these!ReplyDelete
Wish I could air mail these to you, but dang it, they're all gone. (lol) I agree - totally neat and yummy combination. Hugs...Delete