Tuesday, May 19, 2015

TASTY TREAT TUESDAY


Have you ever met a person who gets into a conversation with others, and the topic is all about "him or her"? Yikes!  I'm a talker, but because I enjoy learning, I do shut up now and then to listen. (lol)  

Yesterday a group of us got into a heated debate about romance stories and various authors, which is totally exciting. However, no matter what we talked about as it related to those novels, this one woman somehow turned the conversation back to... her.  We heard about her beauty, the beauty of her kids, the handsomeness of her hubby, the beauty of her job, the beauty of her body because she worked out faithfully, the beauty of her brand new Lexus truck, and the beauty of her personality.  Before you think I don't love beauty, I absolutely do. But dang it!  Can a girl get in a word about OUR cuteness, and even better - our romance books?!

Anywho. There's no need to spend a ton of money taking your family out to eat at expensive ice cream places.  So why not make this super quick recipe right at home and have fun with the toppings?  Even better - it takes just 5-10 minutes of your time.

This is also a great way to get guests at a party or your kids involved.  But who says you can't enjoy this tasty treat all by yourself along with a great book!


BANANA SPLIT                              
1 Large Banana
3 Scoops Ice Cream - your choice of flavors
Ice Cream Sauce - if you like
Whipped Cream
A Ton of Fun Toppings - add what tastes good

DIRECTIONS
Slice the banana
in half down the middle, placing each half on the side of a large bowl, facing one another.  Right in the middle, add those scoops of ice cream.


Top your ice cream with sauce if you like, top with plenty of whipped cream, then load up with all those neat toppings!

Yummy, yummy in my tummy, tummy, tummy!


14 comments:

  1. Lol, guess she must really like the word "beauty". YUmmy, ice-cream sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I guess so, right? Ice cream is the best! Hugs...

      Delete
  2. Some people just like to make the convo all about them. I don't think they realize how irritating it is.

    I love banana splits. I love to put hot fudge sauce on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ys! Fudge sounds awesome! I love a good convo, but hey, let us all join in, right? (lol)

      Delete
  3. Place a mirror in front of her, she'll be admiring herself/talking to herself the rest of the time and won't notice you're gone ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about that! (lol) If we see her again, that's a really good plan, and sounds totally fun! Hugs...

      Delete
  4. Lol! I can relate. I try not to wish ill will on people, it's just too tempting to some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just saying Joy, if you could have been a fly on the wall to see what was going on, you would have been shaking your head. (lol) You'd be amazed at the situations I end up in on a daily basis. Then again, that's what makes the world go 'round. Hugs...

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I like banana recipes because they're so inexpensive and make everything taste wonderful! Hugs...

      Delete
  6. Ahh that's always fun. And yum! I just bought ice cream this morning. I don't get it often but I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a fun treat, but like you, I can't eat it everyday. Definitely too much indulgence. Hugs...

      Delete
  7. Oh god...I want..with caramelized walnuts and homemade whip cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the recipe! It has all my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...