Thursday, August 17, 2017

TACO TOPPINGS AND TIPS

Don't you just love tacos?  There are so many ways to prepare them, but you can top them off with these tasty new flavors.

PINEAPPLE & ROMAINE SLAW
In a bowl, toss 1/4 small pineapple (cut into tiny pieces) and 2 thinly sliced green onions with 1 Tbsp each lime juice and onion, and olive oil and 1/4 Tsp each of pepper & salt.  Add cayenne or red pepper flakes if you like some heat. Toss with 1/2 heart romaine lettuce that has been finely shredded, ( about 1 1/2 cup) and 1/4 Cup Cilantro (chopped)

QUICK PICKLED ONIONS
In a bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 Tsp Honey, 1/4 Tsp Salt & a pinch of pepper.  Add 1 medium red onion(sliced), and let it stand, tossing occasionally, at least 15 minutes before serving.


CITRUSY RADISHES
In a bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp each of orange juice and lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp each of ground cumin, salt & pepper.  Add 6 radishes, very thinly sliced, and 1/4 small red onion(thinly sliced); toss to combine.  Stir in 1/4 Cup Cilantro before serving.

CABBAGE  & CORN SLAW
In a bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp each sour cream and lime juice, 1/4 Tsp Cayenne and 1/4 Tsp Salt.  Toss with 2 Cups shredded green or red cabbage and 1/4 cup corn kernels from 1 ear).  Let stand, tossing often for 10 minutes.  Stir in 1 sliced green onion and 2 Tbsp chopped Cilantro.




GET THE BEST TRAVEL DEALS
If you're thinking about taking a trip for the upcoming holidays, use the website www.momondo.com.   It will search for the cheapest flights, even if it's last minute, and ultimately save you plenty of time and money.

If you decide to go out on your own instead, The Airline Reporting Corporation says the best time to purchase airline tickets is the weekend EXCEPT Friday.  That's the day it will cost the most!



STOP GIVING AWAY MONEY TO AMAZON
Amazon boasts about lots of deals if you purchase their Prime Package for $99, but that's a high price to pay per year for free shipping options.  If you're an on-line shopper and don't mind getting all your Christmas gifts from one place, you can purchase a 30 day membership for just $10. 99, AND you'll also get that 2 day unlimited FREE shipping.  Just don't forget to cancel your subscription once you've completed your shopping splurge.


PET PERKS

If you live in the Pacific Northwest, there's a new food truck just for your dogs!  The Seattle Barkery offers up homemade treats like bagels, cupcakes and bones.  If Fido is having a birthday, order the special Hound Dog Cake made with bacon and special donuts that's presented on a Frisbee. For more info, visit www.theseattlebarkery.com.

Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming is another spot to spoil your pooch, in 2 locations right here in NC.  The store provides baked goodies, toys, grooming and more, and can be found in Cary and Cameron Village. Find out more by visiting www.wgbnc.com. 

Also, you can take your pet on vacation with you these days.  Best Western has over 1600 locations that are pet friendly, and Loews provides guests with a tag, bowl, treats and special room service for dogs and cats!

The Mount Rushmore Memorial is 60 feet high, and took 400 sculptors 14 years to complete.  It's free to get in, and you just have to pay for parking.

FUN TREATS FOR YOUR GUESTS
Remember those popsicles you forgot about in the freezer?  Grab a bottle of Prosecco or Champagne and some fancy wine glasses, add a popsicle, and let the fun begin.  The popsicles will melt and change the color and taste of those drinks making for interesting conversation and new tastes for their palate.

Don't care about the extra sugar rush for your kids? Use Ginger Ale, Sprite or Mountain Dew instead. The flavor combinations are endless.



Want some healthy versions instead,? Drop kiwi, pineapple chunks, cherries or watermelon at the bottom of the glass instead.



TV/MOVIE NEWS 
I'm thrilled that Will and Grace will be back on NBC at 9pm on September 28, but the kids they had at the end of the show are mysteriously missing.  Also, it's 10 years later and Will and Grace are still living together?

I'm also looking forward to seeing how in the world John Goodman, who died of a fatal heart attack when the show ended last, is now back, alive and well.  Was it all a dream?


What do I want to see from the movie world before 2017 is over??

American Assassin - 9/15/2017
Blade Runner - 10/6/2017
Star Wars: The Last Jedi -  (sadly Carrie Fisher's final movie)
A Bad Moms Christmas - 11/3
Thor:  Ragnarok 11/3
Justice League - 11/7
Daddy's Home 2 - 11/10
1974 Version

2017 Version
Murder on the Orient Express - 11/10  (Can't wait to see the remake of this classic!)
Deathwish -  11/22 (remember Charles Bronson?  My boyfriend Bruce Willis is starring in this remake)
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black and Kevin Hart)


Do you love your feet?  Today is your day to celebrate!

33 comments:

  1. Interesting new toppings for tacos they all look like something worth trying.

    Will and Grace should work out well I hope, and if John Goodman is coming back to Roseanne that will change how it ended, like you said, another dream sequence? or maybe the spirit of Dan, I say just leave it alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious to see how they bring them back, and will need to catch the first show of each. Yay to Tacos!

      Delete
  2. I love tacos. I love trying new toppings too. I'm looking forward to Roseanne coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a serious taco person too, Mary, and love trying new recipes. Hugs...

      Delete
  3. Hi RO :)) Oh tacos...we always talk about doing this and that, but we end up just having them with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream - every time lol...we're kind of creatures of habit I guess! I didn't know about Roseanne, I was a big fan back in the day, but yeah...dream sequence will have to be the only way Dan can come back...reminds me of Dallas when Bobby "died"...they went an entire season before he came back from a dream sequence...seems too soap-opera-ee to me lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with going old fashioned with tacos, because they still taste just as yummy Rain. Looking forward to seeing how they capture this on the first show. Hugs...

      Delete
  4. Oh man I have a good memo for the tacos. I love tacos like you wouldn't believe.

    I'm excited about Thor and cautiously hopeful for Justice League but only because of Gal Gadot and Jason Momoa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a fan of superheroes too, huh Adria? I think they're both going to be great and I'm excited! Like you, I love my tacos! Happy Saturday! Hugs...RO

      Delete
  5. Tacos don't really cross my radar. Love those toppings though and would happily add them to a lot of things.
    My feet get me (mostly) where I need to go and I am grateful. They aren't pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right EC. Some of those topping s can sure be used in lots of other things. Yummy! Hugs...

      Delete
  6. Tacos!!! Love building them.

    I still have so many movies to catch up on. Star Wars and Justice League were already on my list, but woohoo a Murder on the Orient Express remake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can sure do lots with tacos, and I've seen some really unique ones on cooking shows. Justice League and Murder on the Orient Express. Can they make it any better, I wonder? Hugs...

      Delete
  7. Pineapple and romaine? Mmm yummy. I've never tried either w/ tacos, but I just might. Love the dog food truck!

    I'm really looking forward to Star Wars, and also Blade Runner and Murder on the Orient Express.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if they top the originals of Blade Runner or Orient, but I've got to check them out for sure. Yes to tacos! Hugs...

      Delete
  8. Interesting that we can use so many different toppings for taco. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some chefs on television that can really do crazy things with tacos! Glad you stopped by! Hugs and Happy Saturday!

      Delete
  9. Love all of these recipes! Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying the Pineapple & Romaine Slaw. Hope you had a great birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something really neat about adding pineapple to food, so I'm in. Hugs...

      Delete
  10. Come on! Jumanji!? Stop with the remakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more remakes for you, huh? (lol) A few I will give a try, and hope they do well. Hope your weekend is fab! Hugs...

      Delete
  11. I'm one of those who don't like Tacos RO LOL but I love the toppings on other things like taco salad. Thanks for the tips and treats too! XO Happy three days before the total eclipse!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Say it isn't so Debbie! (lol) Love my tacos. the eclipse sure was interesting wasn't it? Happy Saturday! Hugs...

      Delete
  12. What wonderful recipes and so nice of you to share. Greetings and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tacos are so neat, Blogoratti. Hope you're having an awesome weekend! Hugs...

      Delete
  13. RO, you always have such interesting posts and this one is no exception!!!
    I am leaving here and checking out my fridge for something to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jan, you're always so kind. I'm waiting patiently for dinner to be cooked, and will finish up my book. Hope your weekend is going well. Hugs...RO

      Delete
  14. I might see Jumanji as I'm fan of adventure movies but the others you've listed, not so much excited about them.

    I used to watch will & grace & roseanne and I did sort of love the shows but these days, every show seems to be getting a revival and I'm not interested. they're just not like before & I don't like seeing my favorite characters looking so different. I just think tv shows that ended should stay that way.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually when there is a movie I really liked, I'll usually try to see the remake to see if it's as good or better. I liked Roseann, but I really loved Will and Grace, so I'm sort of looking forward to seeing them again. You're funny Lissa - you don't want anyone to age, huh? (lol) Happy Saturday!

      Delete
  15. I bet the new Jumanji will be awful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of seems like a lot of people don't want this movie coming back. We'll have to check out those reviews. Hugs...

      Delete
  16. I love tacos and the quick pickled onions are my favorite topping! Yum! I'm curious about Will & Grace as well. I liked the show though I didn't watch it consistently. I think it could be fantastic or disappointing. There is no in between. I'm excited but dreading Murder On the Orient Express. It looks great but what if they mess it up??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the way you do about The Orient Express, which is of course a classic for us readers, and I'm a little nervous. I really used to enjoy Will and Grace because it was unique and creative. Hope your weekend is going well! Hugs...RO

      Delete
  17. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...