Tuesday, January 3, 2017

"WORST COOKS IN AMERICA'S" GENIQUE FREEMAN - UP CLOSE & PERSONAL

The new season of the  Worst Cooks in America started this past Sunday, and it's always entertaining. Some of the things that happen on the show literally will have you laughing out loud along with Rachel Ray and Anne Burrell on the Season 10 Edition.   By the way, did you know that Chef Burrell is the only host who's been on the show since the very first season? We met Genique Freeman, the semi-finalist from the Food Network in 2015 and it was quite a thrill!   Yay! She's a much better cook these days, and we're sending a shout out to say hello!

1.  Inquiring minds want to


know how you ended up on "Worst Cooks in America", and did you have to do anything special to become a contestant?

I was nominated by my BFF Jamie who was my college roommate. She thought that it was long overdue for me to learn how to cook especially since I blew up a microwave in college and almost burned down my kitchen trying to make beef stew.


2.  Yikes!  That had to be scary. What's in your fridge and pantry these days?

The fridge actually has food in it so that's a change, and the pantry is getting some action too.

3.  Now that you're a chef, do you cook dinner every night, or do you eat out at restaurants?

Let's be very clear -  I am not a Chef nor do I plan, or have a desire to become one. I have however, been eating out a lot less and cooking at home more.

4.  LOL!  I get it. What's your favorite thing to eat?

Hmmmm… unfortunately nothing healthy. (gasp) I would say it’s a tie between Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Pork Chops.

5.  You sound exactly like me! You own your spa.  How did you get into this line of work, and are things different now that you've been on the show?

I have always been a Spa girl because I love to be pampered and to pamper others.  When I was 13, I wanted to own a Spa. When I graduated high school, my parents encouraged me to get my Bachelor’s degree and to then pursue my dream of working in the spa industry, so that's what I did. After finishing college, I worked full time as a Social Worker and went to Esthetics School at night. After graduating from that, I worked part time as an Esthetician, then went to Massage School. I have had my own business for over 5 years and love it and my clients . They have been supportive and excited about me being on the show.

6.  When you're not running your business, G’nique’s Spa Services in Fayetteville NC, what are you doing for fun?

I started a community outreach program over 2 years ago, so I stay busy with organizing events to support people in need in my area. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE spending time with my gorgeous niece and nephew!

7.  What a wonderful thing to do for those in need, and spending time with family is always phenomenal. What are you and your friends watching on television these days?

I love Scandal and sadly, I'm a Real Housewives of Atlanta and Beverly Hills fan. Big Brother is my favorite reality show and that comes on in the summer.

8.  LOL - I've been watching Scandal and Real Housewives, too. Definitely a guilty pleasure. Are you ready to throw a dinner party for friends and family?

NO! The last dinner party was touch & go and I had help :)

9.  A little birdie told me you're in the process of starting your own blog. Can you share more info about that yet?

Not quite yet but stay tuned. It will be LIVE soon, but right now, I'm still editing a few things. It will be an array of beauty and life topics in general.

 10.  What are Tyler (who sent you some fab white roses) and Ann really like in person?

I LOVE TYLER, as I'm sure everyone knows by now. He is as down to earth and genuine as he appears on TV. He is an amazing person and I was honored to work with him. I could go on and on about Tyler, but I won't. Chef Anne is actually nice, contrary to what most people think. She is definitely the kind of person that you know where you stand at all times. If she likes you, she makes it evident when she meets you. She is very passionate about her gift (cooking) and I really respect that. One thing that really stands out for me is that she said she wanted me on her team, and after the finale before I left, she came to where I was and spent about 10 minutes talking to me. She was very complimentary and told me that she would have liked to work with me, and that I did a great job. It was a very nice surprise especially since she didn't do that with any of her own recruits. It really meant alot to me.

11.  Wow!  Good to hear that you received such positive feedback. Do you still speak with any of the other contestants from the show?

Yes!! I'm closest with  David, so he and I are on FaceTime daily since I've been back in NC.  I also talk to Leo probably every other day, usually via FaceTime. I also keep in touch with Norman, Sharif, Christina, Kortni, Susie, Mike Six, and Kristen.

12.  Great to make new friendships and to stay in touch! What would people be surprised to know about you?

Hmmmmmm… that I am deathly afraid of cats, and have a very strong dislike of them. I will not go in someones house that has a cat unless I physically see them put outside or in another room. When people find that out they are shocked and always say " you would love my cat though" and then they start telling me their cat stories.

13.  Uh oh....  Do I dare mention at this point that I'm a cat person and love them?! (lol)  I promise I won't tell you any cat stories, though. What's your number one (1) pet peeve?

People that call you their friend but don't put in the effort.

14.  What do you just have too much of? 
         Shoes
         Stuff
         Makeup


MAKE UP FOR SURE!

15.  Mine would have to be books and shoes. The rumor is that many of your fans felt that you should have been the winner.  Do you have any thoughts about that?  Do strangers treat you differently?

I have been told so many times that I should have won and everyone has their theories on why I didn't.  My response has been consistent. I'm disappointed that I didn't win but it wasn't my decision, so to dwell on something I can't change is pointless. Kristen won and I wish her nothing but the very best. I think we both did a fantastic job and I'm thankful for the opportunity to participate in the program because it was amazing. I haven't noticed anyone that has treated me differently. Everyone has been supportive.

16.  Where does everyone stay during the show, and are you responsible for cooking your own food, or did you go out as a group to eat?

We stayed in a townhouse together, and the show provided all of our meals.

17.  That sounds like a mini vacation, huh? In closing, I can't tell you how much I admire your courage, confidence and kindness, and your fans absolutely adore you. What plans do you have for the future?

Thank you !! I have plans to continue to try and adapt a healthy lifestyle by losing weight, exercising, and eating healthier. It's so much easier said than done but I'm looking forward to some positive lifestyle changes. Thanks for interviewing me. It was fun.

Now you’re In the Know about Genique and Worst Cooks in America.  If you’d like to know more about Genique, please visit her spa at Broadfoot Ave, located in  Fayetteville, North Carolina.

(910) 494-3332

http://www.gniquesspaservices.com/

17 comments:

  1. Oh fun! A Carolina girl :D That's a hoot your best friend nominated you. Heh. Mashed Potatoes are a fav here too :D Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? The fact that she's a business owner in Fayetteville is totally awesome, and yes, I'm all in for mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, boiled potatoes - lol! It all totally works.

      Delete
    2. HOW I GOT MY EX BACK WITH THE HELP OF DR IFADE. Contact him for help via his Email OR Whatsapp number. ifadesolutionspell31@gmail. com +2349060120490.

      My name is Petra Gerrard. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kids to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address ifadesolutionspell31@gmail. com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks To DR IFADE. His email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail. com OR.His WhatsApp Number:+2349060120490.

      Delete
  2. Haha, I love that she blew up a microwave. My brother's GF did that and it was funny ~ but also scary. loved the interview, RO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Sarah: The thought of a blown up microwave is downright scary AND funny! Can't imagine it happening, but apparently, that was just too dang much for Genique's best friend! (lol) Glad you liked the interview and even happier that you stopped by to say hello. Hugs...

      Delete
  3. What a fun interview, and I do a little homemade and a little prepared food..I mix it up according to my day and mood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey There Kim: Totally agree with you. Make it as simple as possible by mixing it up a little bit. Particularly with your hectic life. (lol) I really enjoyed getting into this interview, and Genique was totally open and friendly.

      Delete
  4. How cool, I love this show! That's neat you were able to get an interview with her and get the scoop on some of the happenings on the show. :) Good luck on your food adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right Lanie! The first time I looked at the previews for this show, I couldn't believe it! Then I really became engaged with the contestants, and learned some new techniques, as, well. Finding out about living in a townhouse was really interesting, as well. Had no idea. BIG Hugs to you!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hey There and welcome! I had fun meeting Genique and finding out more about the show. So thrilled you stopped by! Hugs...

      Delete
  6. REAL ONLINE LOVE SPELL CASTER THAT BROUGHT BACK MY EX LOVER YOU CAN EMAIL HIM on supernaturalspell@yahoo.com or supernaturalspell1@gmail.com whatsapp him +2348124644470

    I want to share my testimony, on how i was able to get back my husband around December 19th 2017 with the help of PRIEST WISDOM. My husband left me for over 1 years, and went on with another woman, and i awas unable to move on with my life, because of the love i have for her, last month i saw a testimony on the internet, on how PRIEST WISDOM help someone with love spell, so i never believe it but just have to try my faith which i did, and i contacted him on this email: supernaturalspell1@gmail.com and he told me what i need to do, and after 2 days i received a call from my husband asking me to come back to him, it was all like a dream to me, i am so happy now as we are back together again. Thanks to PRIEST WISDOM and i will advice anyone in need of help to contact him on his email: supernaturalspell@yahoo.com or supernaturalspell1@gmail.com Whats-app Number:+2348124644470

    https://supernaturalspell1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. am here to share with you my life experience on how a great man called Dr gbojie saved me and my marriage.I have been Married & Barren for for 5 years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue.i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr gbojie asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening in my life since i met this Dr gbojie .I want to tell all the women/men out there who have a similar situation like mine,that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone you can also contact Dr gbojie , here is how you can contact him gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com or contact him via his whatsapp phone number +2349066410185.or contact him on his website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great and inspiring story! I was married for seven years without any child, because of this my husband start acting strange, coming home lately and not spending time with me any more and he divorced me. So i became very sad and lost in life because my doctor told me there is no way for me to get pregnant this really make life miserable for me. until i came across a friend who told me about DR ODION from the Internet, how he has helped a lot of women with this similar problems that i am going through so i contacted him on: (drodion60@yandex.com) and explained to him. he told me all what to provide before he could cast a reunite spell to bring back my husband which i did and he sent a powerful prayer which i had to say at mid night while he cast the love spell. It was a miracle, 24 hours later my one and only husband came back to me and apologize for all he has done and told me he is fully ready to support me in any thing i want,i quickly call DR ODION and told him what was going on at that moment and he also prepared and sent me a herbal medicine which he said it will cure every unwanted diseases or infections that has been stopping me from conceiving then instructed me on how to use it before meeting with my husband. Behold after using this native herbs and root, few weeks later i started feeling pregnancy signs all over me, truly i was pregnant i just gave birth to a baby boy on the 1st of this month. I Vow to let the whole world know about DR ODION for saving my relationship and for also giving me children i can proudly call my own today. For any woman who think it impossible, here is an opportunity for you to smile and bring happiness to your family kindly contact DR ODION via Email on: (drodion60@yandex.com).  or WhatsApp him via +2349060503921 Indeed, he is a God sent to bring back lost lovers and bring you happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great and inspiring story! I was married for seven years without any child, because of this my husband start acting strange, coming home lately and not spending time with me any more and he divorced me. So i became very sad and lost in life because my doctor told me there is no way for me to get pregnant this really make life miserable for me. until i came across a friend who told me about DR ODION from the Internet, how he has helped a lot of women with this similar problems that i am going through so i contacted him on: (drodion60@yandex.com) and explained to him. he told me all what to provide before he could cast a reunite spell to bring back my husband which i did and he sent a powerful prayer which i had to say at mid night while he cast the love spell. It was a miracle, 24 hours later my one and only husband came back to me and apologize for all he has done and told me he is fully ready to support me in any thing i want,i quickly call DR ODION and told him what was going on at that moment and he also prepared and sent me a herbal medicine which he said it will cure every unwanted diseases or infections that has been stopping me from conceiving then instructed me on how to use it before meeting with my husband. Behold after using this native herbs and root, few weeks later i started feeling pregnancy signs all over me, truly i was pregnant i just gave birth to a baby boy on the 1st of this month. I Vow to let the whole world know about DR ODION for saving my relationship and for also giving me children i can proudly call my own today. For any woman who think it impossible, here is an opportunity for you to smile and bring happiness to your family kindly contact DR ODION via Email on: (drodion60@yandex.com).  or WhatsApp him via +2349060503921 Indeed, he is a God sent to bring back lost lovers and bring you happiness...

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW I GOT MY EX BACK WITH THE HELP OF DR IFADE. Contact him for help via his Email OR Whatsapp number. ifadesolutionspell31@gmail. com +2349060120490.

    My name is Petra Gerrard. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kids to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address ifadesolutionspell31@gmail. com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks To DR IFADE. His email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail. com OR.His WhatsApp Number:+2349060120490.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've gotten back with my ex boyfriend with the help of Dr AJAYI the best spell caster online and i highly recommend Dr AJAYI to anyone in need of help. I want to testify of how i got back my boyfriend after he breakup with me, we have been together for 4 years, recently i found out my boyfriend was having an affair with another Girl, when i confronted him, it led to quarrels and he finally broke up with me, i tried all i could to get him back but all to no avail until i saw a post in a relationship forum about a spell caster who helps people get back their lost love through Love spell, at first i doubted it but decided to give it a try, when i contacted this spell caster via his email, and he told me what to do and i did it, Then he did a Love spell for me. 48 hours later, my boyfriend really called me and told me that he miss me so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day, with lots of love and joy, and he apologized for his mistake, and for the pain he caused me. Then from that day, our relationship was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr AJAYI. He is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the Internet that Dr AJAYI real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Drajayi1990@gmail.com You can write his Whatsapp OR viber number : +2347084887094,THANKS TO Dr AJAYI.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments, feedback and YOU! Hugs...